Hi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
I have looked in on here from time to time ( more often when BB is down:)) have decided to join and participate. I post as nic on BB and recognise quite a few from there.

I am a blacksmith, nost of my work is ornamental, but always hadforged,. I have been moving into toolmaking/ knives more recently. Live out in the country in Mid Wales, we have a smallholding that along with an expanding familly seems to take up most of my free time, when I had the time I used to fish, camp and shoot airguns; hunting and competition.
I have loose connections with Mike Jarmian of Cambrian Survival in Aberystwyth- some of his longer courses will include a couple of days toolmaking in my workshop.

I look forward to getting involved in this forum,

Nic

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
Oh, I tend to misspell a lot and edit them out after posting, but can't work out how to do it on this forum- or is that something that will come later?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello Nic, welcome to the forum.
I hope you find the discussions around this virtual campfire informative & I look forward to seeing some of your work.
Oh..when you see Mike.J next say Greg Hardman says hello!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome!
Cambrian used some of my photos of a course ( which Greg and I both attended and he has stuck like a tick to me ever since) that I used to do a profile of the set up for one of the mags I write for....

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Hi Nic - Welcome. You sound to have a great setup where you are. I know from experience about the expanding family and the reduction in getting out but taking them with you is half of the fun (allegedly!)

Snozz

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
Thanks for the warm welcome- I don't seem to be able to do much yet but I'll post some pictures of my work as soon as I can.
Passed on messages to Mike, via his answer phone, I can only assume he is outside taking advantage of the sun.

Richie- Hi! Are Pm's disabled too? I've sent a few but nobodies replying!

Nic

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE