Hi there, Im Phil from Kent...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MrPhil

Tenderfoot
May 26, 2009
East Coast of Kent, UK
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a week or just under and thought it only polite to drop a hello to all. So, hello all o/

I live on the east coast of Kent, I'm 32 and more recently been getting out & about in the countryside with a new hobby that some of you may know about - Geocaching. This is taking me further afield, sometimes into the dark depths of woods and I found this website whilst looking for hobo stoves.

As per usual when I get an idea in my head I do things in the wrong order, I have constructed my stove and successfully lit it up. Now all I need to do is track down a billy to slip inside it! Ohwell, I will learn one of these days.

I expect like many of you, I got my taste for the outdoors at a young age, I was a Cub, then a Scout and then a Venture Scout. In addition, all my family holidays until the age of 16 were in the form of camping under canvas and were all in the UK, unfortunately we never made it to Ireland which was on my list of places to go.

There are a few things that I would like to have a go at, like to see if I'm any good at and maybe pass on what little knowledge I do have.

I do hope I haven't waffled too much on my first post, hope I can contribute something in worthwhile in the future and thanks again to you all for making this forum so interesting. \o/

Phil.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello MrPhil :D and welcome to the virtual campfire that is BcUK :cool:

I think my HWMBLT would enjoy the geocaching. Some of the places you lot hide stuff seem to be so remote and hard to get to they might as well be on Mars for me though :eek:

cheers,
Toddy

MrPhil

Tenderfoot
May 26, 2009
East Coast of Kent, UK
Hi Toddy, I'm still a beginner at the caching lark (only recently pipped the 200 mark), but yes there are some toughies out there and a great sense of satisfaction when found.

Phil.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello & welcome to BCUK MrPhil,
It's good to have you with us! This place is a fountain of knowledge in most aspects of the outdoors so enjoy!

IJ55

Forager
Mar 29, 2009
UK
welcome mate.

Not been here long myself, but theres loads and loads of helpful and knowlegeable folks who are more than willing to share.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have - next thing you know you'll be addicted to making all sorts of weird and wonderful kit.

Then, then its the bushcraft knife addiction. lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE