Hi hope you can help!

cuervo86

Sep 11, 2011
dorset
hey guys im ben live in dorset been reading on here for a while but only just joined! well i decided to day was a good day to
start my foraging :) so off i went and collected blackberries which my gf made into a pie, well whilst i was out i found a few other things that i recognize from days out picking with my mum a long time ago and wanted to see if you guys could help me identify them

http://postimage.org/image/2octl3lhg/

couldnt add image so posted it here

any help would be great,

thanks

ben

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
The top left looks like a couple of sloes, if they taste very bitter they are. If sweet small damsons.
Under that looks like a rose hip.
As for the two apples the green one looks like a crab apple, the red one I know of as just a wild apple, they never seem to get very big.
The bottom little green thing I have no idea.

cuervo86

Sep 11, 2011
dorset
thanks very much for you help hugo :) just wanted to ask as im sure you guys no alot more then me! now just need to find what i can do with them all ,i no my old
dear makes gin from the slows but no one else seems to be interested in any of the stuff i found in the picture they just want the black berries so more for me

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
rosehip wine is for winners...;)

sloe and apple fruit leather...

apple pie or cider

i think the other thing could be a hornbeam fruit but not sure, dont know if they are safe to eat either....

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
"Food for Free" by Richard Mabey might help, if you get the text edition rather than the photographic edition. I know there's instructions in it for making rosehip syrup, but I'm not sure aboutapple or sloe recipes and I'm afraid my copy isn't handy at the moment to find out.

cuervo86

Sep 11, 2011
dorset
thanks for the advice rose hip wine sounds interesting, i have ordered that book last week after reading in here i would eb good to have it just hasnt come yet :( dam royal snail!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE