Hi from torquay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 4, 2011
torquay
hi, im Paul from torquay in the west country.

over the years i have had a fair ammount of experiance with bushcraft through scouting both in the UK and also abroad in denmark and russia. i always prefered the much more traditional camping methods over glamping. with alot of traditional rope work , orientering, camping including a week spent in the russian northern forests in winter and a month in central russia in summer where i learnt a lot of respect for them and the way the do things. so simple and so good.

at the moment i am looking at becoming as self sufficent as i can with my foods, to save money and also for quality through foraging for as much as i can, some limited hunting and through scuba diving.

i have been foraging happily for wild fruits and berries and basicaly anything i can ID as edible. and also finding stuff for use in other ways such as sloes elderberries etc for gin, wine etc.

ive also spotted some mushrooms but need some help IDing them before i risk using them.

diving wise its a rare dive that i dont catch some food, even if it is "just" a bag of scallops when they are in local fisheries season. crabs, lobster, flatfish. basicaly anything which doesnt move fast enough and is of a decent size is grabbed, bagged and taken back with me. if i cant use it for some reason its given to dive buddies

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE