Hi From South Wales

• Thread starter Dances With Sheeps
  • Start date
D

Dances With Sheeps

Hi,

Thank you all for the information I have gleamed over recent months from this great site.

I am a long time lurker and think its about time I made myself known. I have actually met the great and mighty OGRI THE TROG -( quite similar in person to Brian Blessed the actor - but OGRI is much louder!

I camp out a lot - over 100 days in the last 12 months (can you guess I am single again?). I tend to wildcamp as much as possible in the warmer months but I bought a Tetipi Safir 9 in September plus their stove..........

I have been very comfortable in the above, through the very windy Autumn, and the Winter temperatures down to minus 8 at sites such as Gigrin in mid Wales. I can review the Tentipi and stove in detail if needed. (there are some concerns, but minor).

and I am also a very keen photographer, not as good as Wayland in the landscape department, but I have some good wildlife photos especially of Red Kites and Seals.

Thanks again for the information so far and I look forward to future communication.

BTW Since I started visiting this site I have seemed to have started collecting knives - is this normal?

Kind Regards

John

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Great and mighty indeed!

Welcome aboard John, its good to see you here.

Now, do this old duffer a favour and tell me where we met!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Oh and the knife thing, not only normal, but expected!

thereaper101

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
South Wales
Hi There!

Collecting Knives is very Normal, don't worry if you have more than 20 in your collection, I gave up worrying a long time a go! It seams to run in families, my dad is the same and my son :)

Well, i'm off to Pen Y Fan now, taking a few office mates up there, should be interesting.

Have fun

Nick

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
That knife thing seems to be one of the side efects of BCUK, it is considerably worsened by clicking on links with 'British Blades' in blue so beware.

I grew up in Brecon and love to camp out - not being single and having small people around means I don't get out as often as I would like though.

The review sounds a great idea as the wife has just said she wants a tipi and stove!

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
swansea here,iam out this fri hitting the destination at about 10 am so i get the day out of it /mabe staying for the sat night to if you want to meet up let me no :)

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
got the go ahead with gym, no qdanc. no load music,or teddy holding men alowed:) inless its a steiff.. hopeing to get my new tarp b4 friday if i like the veneu i will be back for a 2 or 3 nighter and check the water falls out in the area to.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
got the go ahead with gym, no qdanc. no load music,or teddy holding men alowed:) inless its a steiff.. hopeing to get my new tarp b4 friday if i like the veneu i will be back for a 2 or 3 nighter and check the water falls out in the area to.

The falls are very nice and well worth a visit. Take some firewood with you, maybe a couple of the B&M 99p crackle logs too.

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
got a load of logs drying out under my stairs. ive been wanting to visit the falls for a while now i didnt realise they charged to go and see them intell my friend told me the outher day.

D

Dances With Sheeps

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Ogri- I met you in Elan Leisure in September - you had to dash to rescue someone who had car trouble.

Ric - I am not far away at all - Merthyr.

Thanks again.

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE