Hi From Bristol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Hey guys,

I've been posting on hammockforums for a while and suggested some sort of uk hang and turnerminator (not sure of name on this forum) told me about this place. I have been hanging or a year now. I have a hennessey deep jungle zip and down UQ/TQ and have just ordered whoopies from DD hammocks. Really looking forward to getting those bad boys installed.

I'm also really excited about my cookset that I've recently honed to near perfection. I have the best coffee set up ever. If you're curious, let me know and I'll elaborate.

Nice to be here.

Cheers,

Sig.

Mar 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Thanks guys,

Well, to cut it short, I realised that the evernew titanium solo cookset (a great bit of kit in it's own right) is just the right diameter to fit the filter from my bog standard cafetiere so I sawed off the end of the plunger so it fits in the pot with the lid on. The filter (that is in 3 parts - the mesh, springy bit, and metal bit) is kept together with a split pin and sits in the pot with my trangia stove, fuel bottle, coffee, flint and steel, pocket stove, and tea bags. The pot sits in it's cosy and the whole thing, including the windshield fits in it's bag. I take my coffee black so it means that I have trail coffee that is identical to that which I enjoy at home. I was hunting the internet high and low for a solution and was soo stoked when I found this one.

Mar 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
we need pictures sigmiester and welcome to the forum regards dave

Yeah, I shall do so. I have storyboarded a video for it but realised that would involve a second person to film. I've got my pot right next to me. I'm gonna take it to work and photo it on my lunch.

Cheers,

Sig.

Mar 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
CooksetBreakdown.png

So, as you can see, the first three photos show the pot and the windshield and cosy (that I made by myself, with no help from my mum!). Then, photo 4 shows all the stuff I have in it, including the cafetiere bits that fit together to make my coffee kit. I was so pleased with myself when I worked out that the small fuel bottle of meths will heat 400 ml water hot enough for coffee. The coffee bottle has enough or 2 in it (I keep one coffee's worth in the trangia itself). The last photo is the pocket stove with trangia burner all set up.

As I have the honey stove too I can have this all ready by my hammock (trangia in my pocket) for when I wake up. So I need not get out of bed before the coffee is ready (though I often do cos there's nothing quite like it, as we all know. I can't quite work out whether its going for a morning wizz or getting back into bed that makes me happiest - bit of both really).

Any questions, lemme know.

Churz.

Sig.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE