Hello from Bristol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave c

Feb 6, 2014
Bristol
www.plodocus.co.uk
Hi all, Dave here. I grew up in Wiltshire, very close to Savernake Forest, where I have spent many happy nights camping out. I've been living in Bristol since 2007. I am a keen Mountain Biker and Bikepacker. I often visit Wales and travel down into Devon, Dartmoor and Cornwall too. Really looking forward to getting out now that restrictions are being lifted. My current goal in life is to ride the North Coast 500 (Scotland) and wild camp along the way. Before that happens I need to improve my fitness A LOT.

My main focus on the bike is keeping the weight down, so I obsess over the lightest kit and really think carefully about that I actually need to carry. If one tool can do more than one job, that is ideal.

I've been lurking here for years but never really got too involved with posts of my own. So i just wanted to say hello and give thanks to everyone for the interesting and enjoyable advice and stories. It's a great community.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Welcome to the forum!

I am pretty well informed about lightweight equipment.

If you want to replace something just open a thread for it and ask!

I think I know and usually own the best lightweight equipment.

I carry a 3 seasons equipment that weighs just approximately 6 kg and it is very well tested.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to have you Dave, there's a few people on here that are into bike packing, it's a great mix with bushcraft skills and that confidence they give while in the outdoors...

KatBetter

Jul 16, 2021
Bristol
Hi all, Dave here. I grew up in Wiltshire, very close to Savernake Forest, where I have spent many happy nights camping out. I've been living in Bristol since 2007. I am a keen Mountain Biker and Bikepacker. I often visit Wales and travel down into Devon, Dartmoor and Cornwall too. Really looking forward to getting out now that restrictions are being lifted. My current goal in life is to ride the North Coast 500 (Scotland) and wild camp along the way. Before that happens I need to improve my fitness A LOT.

My main focus on the bike is keeping the weight down, so I obsess over the lightest kit and really think carefully about that I actually need to carry. If one tool can do more than one job, that is ideal.

I've been lurking here for years but never really got too involved with posts of my own. So i just wanted to say hello and give thanks to everyone for the interesting and enjoyable advice and stories. It's a great community.
Sweet more Bristol People, hello!

Reactions: Brizzlebush

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE