Hey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

benjy

Tenderfoot
Dec 29, 2010
Swindon
Just thought I'd introduce myself. Real name is Ben, although as my username is not very cryptic you may have already worked that one out.

Born and Bred in Swindon, although I spend most of my days in Bath finishing off my phd thesis at bath uni.

I've been lurking the this forum for a couple of months, getting ideas for for Scout and Guide activities. I've been involved in Scouting and Guiding for around 12 years, mostly as a leader / adult helper.

I don't have any real area of expertise, but done a quite bit of camping, in all months, bivvying out, and cooking ever increasingly extravagent meals on open fires using Dutch Ovens.

I've previously made a fair few alcohol stoves, and some adaptation to allow some baking type things. I say baking, my major focus was the ability to have pizza on a backpacking stove with nothing more than my mess tins.

I've just started getting into some leather craft, first projects being a few tinder pouches and possibles pouches.

I'll post some pictures of a few things if they turn out ok, and when I find some time to get decent photographs.

I should now stop procrastinating and write some more thesis.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE