Heres my shed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I know, and its much appreciated. It's weird how many live firearms I've handled, some incredibly rare ones like a Hefah or the Ground version of the Vickers K but I've never actually popped a cap!

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
More Redneck circa 1860 me thinks.

I've been growing the old face fur and in about two weeks I will get the barber to put in my now traditional summer coat of giant friendly mutton chops so perhaps 1850s is more like it...

Atb

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yes, yes I do.

I'd rather like a 3 band Enfield 1853 but that's not going to happen in the near future. I could flog a De-ac but club fees, liscenses, safe storage, etc it all adds up. I've other priorities is the main thing.

why can I hear tiny tiny violins?.....

;-D

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Club fees aren't much and a smoothbore can be had on an SGC anyway....safes are cheap - I could find you one for c. £50. Licenses are less than a few pints a year.....

Other priorities I understand ...but perhaps you'd better not try it...its rather fun!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yep and 3 floors overlooking a park and the rest of the valley cost about as much as a one bedroom basement flat down south at the time as a mate in London coughed for just that at the same time we got this place. Large garden out back that leads straight onto a feld then straight onto the moors. Ok the rest of the place is half finished but the Sheds were we live.

Better than a concrete council house in a declining mining village that was used by the council as a dumping ground I can tell you that much! Sometimes I can't believe my luck! Ok a certain amount of hard work was required but also a suprising amount of good luck.

just need to finish it, gulp.

Red, aye I think there's a big chunk of laziness and oddly enough shyness on my part thats stopped me. It's not as if I've not blown more on guns that don't even work in the past.

Wish list if I ever do get ticketed

private purchase BSA SMLE
No. 4 Mk II, a friend in Holland keeps getting them new in the Cosmo and brown paper for peanuts
modern copy of a P53
Derbyshire Arms long Brown Bess copy, the early one.
one of those new copies of the Fergusson, Probably way beyond my wallet but very impressive.
Mk I Martini Henry, one that's been reproofed as a user. Yes we Watched Zulu yesterday.

so not much then.

Ill get my coat.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
He weighs about 8 stone dripping wet, I'd love to see him fire a Nock. Ideally on roller skates.

The one I took a fancy to was a military blunderbuss in the navy museum at Amsterdam, now that was man sized.

atb

Tom

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Great stuff, my shed would fit on the wooden floor area in your first photograph. I can get a Black and Decker work
bench and two Cycles in there, and there is no room to work. There is not even enough room to let long pieces of wood
overlap the work bench more than about two feet. Not much use for anything other than keeping the bikes and lawnmowerd dry, not much stuff gets done there these days,and the good lady even complains that she can't get
in there to pick up a trowel or something else. Must get rid of one cycle at least. Very envious of your big "SHED"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE