Hennessy Hex Fly $47.96

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lottie.lou

Forager
Oct 9, 2007
Preston
Details below. I've been quoted $47.96 for a group buy, which according to my untrustworthy on-line converter works out at £23.52 (the price in sterling is just a guide and not the actual price).
The tarps are direct from Hennessy but they have some stored in London so we won't have to pay customs and the postage will be a lot less. According to my calculations it should cost £33 all in.

70D "HEX"-SHAPED PU-COATED POLYESTER RIPSTOP RAIN FLY
Size: 132"x 120" hexagonal shape Weight: 1 lb. 9oz , 700 g. This fly comes standard on the new Safari Deluxe but will provide generous protection from wind and rain for any model.

lottie.lou

Forager
Oct 9, 2007
Preston
haha thats the problem with this site, too many bargains!

Scanker 1
Buffalobill 1
Silverback 1 (depending on price)
Lurch 1

From here, SOTP and my friend theres 10 people already interested, so if they all go ahead that would make the postage around £8 (I think). Thats including the postage from London as its only $50 regardless of the size of the order. But its early days yet and that price will drop if more people are interested.

lottie.lou

Forager
Oct 9, 2007
Preston
Just had an e-mail off Hennessy apparently they are 10" x 4" when rolled up but they do not fit inside a snake skin.

Scanker 1
Buffalobill 1
Lurch 1
Silverback 1
andy_e 1
stickbow 1

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
She`s really gonna kick off this time ....

Scanker 1
Buffalobill 1
Lurch 1
Silverback 1
andy_e 1
stickbow 1
Shewie 1

lottie.lou

Forager
Oct 9, 2007
Preston
Right I've worked it out and there's enough people wanting one for it to definitely cost £33 delivered to you via recorded first class, hopefully less but I need to buy some packaging too.

Ratel10mm

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
Southern Oxfordshire
Sorry, but I'm not sure how the hex. tarp size is quoted & it looks a bit small for me (needing a good 2m long). However, if you guys can assure me that it will cover a Magikelly hammock end-to-end, then I'm up for one please.

lottie.lou

Forager
Oct 9, 2007
Preston
Its in inches, elsewhere on their site they quote it as being 10 foot by 12 foot, but that doesn't quite work out as theres 11 feet in 132 inches.

Either way its 3 by 3.5 metres. I don't know anything about Magikelly's hammocks so I don't know about attachments but it should be long enough.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
If there's any chance of getting onto the group buy, I'm in! But, can you tell me how it is fitted to the hammock system?

Scanker 1
Buffalobill 1
Lurch 1
Silverback 1
andy_e 1
stickbow 1
Shewie 1
mikey p 1

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Sorry, but I'm not sure how the hex. tarp size is quoted & it looks a bit small for me (needing a good 2m long). However, if you guys can assure me that it will cover a Magikelly hammock end-to-end, then I'm up for one please.

It's what I use mine on :D - infact Magikelly himself did a group buy on these back along to go with the group buy hammocks ;) - don't think they were this cheap though - I'll try and find a piccy for you :)

OK, not a clear picture, but you get the idea : magikelly hammock, with underquilt and hex fly:

hexfly.jpg

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
Its in inches, elsewhere on their site they quote it as being 10 foot by 12 foot, but that doesn't quite work out as theres 11 feet in 132 inches.

Either way its 3 by 3.5 metres. I don't know anything about Magikelly's hammocks so I don't know about attachments but it should be long enough.

ProAdventure and Complete Outdoors list the dimensions as 120" x 144" which would make it 10 x 12
anyhoo, i'll take one depending on how my swap goes
Scanker 1
Buffalobill 1
Lurch 1
Silverback 1
andy_e 1
stickbow 1
Shewie 1
mikey p 1
gorilla 1

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Oh go on then

Scanker 1
Buffalobill 1
Lurch 1
Silverback 1
andy_e 1
stickbow 1
Shewie 1
mikey p 1
gorilla 1
Brian 1

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I found a thread on here from earlier in the year, that people were having problems with the corners ripping on the fly. I also noticed that Hennessy replaced them everytime which is reassuring, did they do anythiing to fix the fault anyone know ??

lottie.lou

Forager
Oct 9, 2007
Preston
Thats a bit worrying, well everyones welcome to change their mind if need be.

I'll make the order a week today 12/12/07. I'll accept any payment, Paypal, cheque, bank transfer, beer etc. I'll PM people details when I've put the order through. I don't want to start taking money before I order and then realise I've added it up wrong or something (even though I've checked it about 5 times).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE