Hennessy Explorer Ultralite A-sym hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 16, 2007
Just been working it out and the SS with top cover is £122 but then I would get a free hammock that could go on Evil Bay to make some money back.
But seeing as I am moving to Oz before the end of the year will I need all that kit in the rain forests of queensland.

It is shiney though and I like shiney things.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I love my HH.

I have ditched the snakeskins and now carry it set up with a Snugpak underquilt, in a compression sac. I pack it like a rope, one end in first, then feed in the length. This means that I can set it up and pack it away without it touching the floor.

I now use a 3m x 3m DD tarp with it most of the time, but sometimes go the whole hog and take my 4.5m x 4.5m tarp - ideal for Meets and Scout camps.

Simon

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
I would be interested to know what you think of the supershelter as I was contemplating getting one myself. Although most of the reviews I read didn't reckon the SS was all its cracked up to be in the lower temperature ranges, which put me off a bit.

SimonM - What size compression sack do you fit all of that into?

Also would someone be able to give me the dimensions of the SS underpad.

Cheers

well a cold weekend in cornwall
the super shelter needed a bit of a hand on insulation the first night was just as supplyed including the over cover and my Snugpak SF 1 ( Softie 3 ) wearing a SwanDri shirt and a thinsulateBenny hat. Was cold underneath though bearable still got sleep
second night upgrades to the SF2 (softie 10) and use my TAZ windscreen sun shield which is fairly thin foam and foil backed much better night though still cold on the kidneys and **** when you first get in but was warm when i woke up

last night (3 am after finally leaving the fire side :rolleyes: ) i added a Issue 3/4 thermarest imitation as well just to see if it would remove the cold start ... no it didnt but was toasty warm when i woke up.

main problem possibley caused by the Over shelter and the reason the Pad is open cell foam was condensation the outside of the bag was very wet and a lot in the under cover mainly on the underside of the foam mat i did un do them from one side of the guy ropes in the day and peal back to dry out. Was a pain for packing as you had damp kit I will try it with out the over cover which should help

other problems when you get out the under cover supports the Hammock so prevents the Velcro closing this could be a problem letting in insects you can shut by hand easily enough though

i wasnt going to bother with the over cover but actually i quite like it it definatly uprated my Softie 3 bag a lot my mate in a std HH and a similer rated bag had a very bad night.
on pack up i removed the Under Pad and wiped out the condensation leaving hte full shelter on this packed into my std size 3 skins though it wont now fold small enough to fit into the space i normally give it
all in all not bad but i wish i had the explorer for the extra length at 5' 10" im under the Asym hight recomendation but its a bit cramped

ATB

Duncan

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thanks. Great review. Since spending too much time sleeping in hammocks in Thailand and Malaysia, I know there isn't a comfier nights( or days!) sleep. I was going to get another tent, but your review just sold a Hennessy.

Thanks. Great review. Since spending too much time sleeping in hammocks in Thailand and Malaysia, I know there isn't a comfier nights( or days!) sleep. I was going to get another tent, but your review just sold a Hennessy.

Need a UK supplier if anyone can help.

just order on the HH website they dispatch within UK even with the $60 delivery its cheaper and you should get a free Scout Hammock as well ;)
if your oks with the 14st limit then order the SS only and you have a free HH scout

as i said below i got my SS in 2 days

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE