Hennessy Dilemma

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick senior

Jul 25, 2006
Leicestershire
After purchasing my ticket for the bushmoot this year I decided to treat myself to a hennessy hammock, instead sleeping on a roll mat for four nights. The problems I'm having are, 1) which one to buy the Expedition Asym or the Explorer Deluxe, as I'm
183cm x 98kg.
2)Where to buy, it will have to be off the net but there doesn't seem to be that many U.K sites that stock them. Prices seems to fluctuate aswell, like most thing.

Any help appreciated, especially for reliable websites.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
it depends if you want to lighten your load or not mate, if your going to do a lot of walking fully loaded then go for the standard asym, if your not going far take the deluxe route mate, i have the larger deluxe model and its very roomy but, i do the lazy car method mostly!

Adam.

mick senior

Jul 25, 2006
Leicestershire
Thanks for thr reply. See you are from Leicestershire as well, doesn't to be many of us from these parts. I'm from North West end myself. By the way what's the hairy orge all about

Hi Mick

I've got the larger deluxe model, due to being close to the weight limit for the standard model - I also like the extra bit of room.

I recently added an undercover & underpad to mine from the a group buy - it might be worthwhile doing a search on the forums for it as you may be able to get a contact for a cheaper supplier?

I also replaced my snakeskins as I hadn't realised (the shop didn't tell me when I bought it that there are different skin sizes) - no wonder I used to struggle to slide it over when packing up !!!

Having read various forums I note that many people replace the fly with a larger one (usually the hennessey hex) - an upgrade available up front if buying from HH direct in the US. I've used mine a few times now in varying weather conditions without any problems, although I have been considering the USMC 3m x 3m tarp which I think would retrofit as a square tarp would give more shelter (when out of the hammock) in poorer conditions.

I hope this is of some use.

tetra_neon

Forager
Oct 1, 2005
E Mids
i'm only a short a*se (5'8") but went for the deluxe w/ the larger silnylon brown tarp - i ordered directed from HH and it was very quick to arrive. I like having the extra room as i'm quite an animated sleeper, and the bigger fly provides a massive amount of shelter around the hammock.

You could get a small solo cooking fire/kelly kettle going under one side of the fly without a problem.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
i'm only a short a*se (5'8") but went for the deluxe w/ the larger silnylon brown tarp - i ordered directed from HH and it was very quick to arrive. I like having the extra room as i'm quite an animated sleeper, and the bigger fly provides a massive amount of shelter around the hammock.

You could get a small solo cooking fire/kelly kettle going under one side of the fly without a problem.

I have the smaller tarp as I never got the choice ;) if you take the hammock down you can cook under the tarp you can use a guy rope to tye it back out of the way but if it is raining you run the risk of the hammock getting wet..
So its a bigger tarp or take the hammock down under the tarp when you cook..

By the way it was a real storm last week and I got a little spray on the mesh from a side wind but I stayed perfectly dry..

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE