Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 or UKHammocks Xpedition?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
I never managed to get any good sleep in a DD frontline (I'm too tall for it, and I hated the mozzie net on it) so I want to try another hammock to get the "elevated perspective". I was going to go for the Hennessy explorer deluxe zip, but then I found the Ukhammocks xpedition ... and then I noticed the warbonnet blackbird is slightly cheaper. I fancy the idea of the double underside to put a sleeping pad or something between for warmth (can't afford underquilt for the moment) but my weight can be held also by the single layer ones. 130 pounds plus shipping is IMO plenty to ask for a hammock when the same amount will buy me a wild country hoolie tent.

I would very much appreciate input on which one I should go with.

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Ive got a WBBB 1.1 dbl layer and the Expidition, love them both, the Expidition gives you more room and is a bit more versatile in that you can remove the bug net but the BB is lighter and more compact. If you do a fair bit of hiking on your trips then id go with the BB, if you are going to be static for any lenth of time then the Expidition. They are both good hammocks and either one will not disappoint. Enjoy

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Don't rule out Wodsman X from UKH. I have recently upgraded from DD and no problems so far, perfect fit and I'm 6'4'' 17.5 stone.
PS. Woodsman X double layer with suspention 740gms...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE