Help with whoopie slings and tree huggers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesk

Mar 21, 2011
Reigate
Can anyone please explain to me how I can use the following with a hammock:
http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/suspensionsystem

I can't really get my head round how everything connects to each other?

The tree hugger goes round the tree, and through itself to leave a loop. I can see that I use the caribinas to connect that loop to the whoopies, but then how do I connect the whoopies to the hammock?

Thanks!

James

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
REmove the straps from the hammock. thread the fixed loop of the whoopie through the channel, and then thread the other end of the sling through the loop (lark's head) . Pull tight. repeat at the other end of the hammock. The slings are now permanently attached to the hammock. The adjustable loop can be attached to the hugger using the carabiner.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Can anyone please explain to me how I can use the following with a hammock:
http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/suspensionsystem

I can't really get my head round how everything connects to each other?

The tree hugger goes round the tree, and through itself to leave a loop. I can see that I use the caribinas to connect that loop to the whoopies, but then how do I connect the whoopies to the hammock?

Thanks!

James

The karabiners are used to connect the whoopies to the hammock. The whoopies get connected to the tree buggers with a marlin spike hitch. I use two small aluminium rods for that but you can use two small sticks you can collect where you camp.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Oh also, you can cut down the standard webbing supplied with the DD hammock to make a small ring that ties to the channel at each end of the hammock. By attaching the karabiner to this "ring" and then the whoopie to this, the karabiner will act as a drip ring.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
My DD frontline hammock and tarp just arrived and I also bought the whoopie sling set. I am in the process of assembling it all but was just wondering, if I take the tape out and replace with the Amsteel, does the much smaller diameter and tougher whoopie put more 'pressure' on the hammock seams than the wider and softer supplied tape?

Steve.

garethw

Settler
My DD frontline hammock and tarp just arrived and I also bought the whoopie sling set. I am in the process of assembling it all but was just wondering, if I take the tape out and replace with the Amsteel, does the much smaller diameter and tougher whoopie put more 'pressure' on the hammock seams than the wider and softer supplied tape?

Steve.
That's how I do mine too... been using it all summer no sign of any wear...
cheers
Gareth

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Can anyone suggest where I can buy a set of whoopee slings without the other stuff included in the dd kit.... The cheaper the better although I do need them to support my weight (im only 75kg)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE