Help with upgrading toilets at Rough Close

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Firstly, a disclaimer... I haven't been asked to post this ~ but I thought that it might be of interest to those who come along or plan to do so ...

NatWest CommunityForce award

What do you plan to use the CommunityForce award for?

During the last few years the toilet facilites at the campsite have been gradually upgraded to bring them to a very acceptable standard however there is still one toilet block in need of an upgrade, the intention is to replace the existing facility with something more in keeping with the 21st century.

Thank you for taking the time to read through.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
:notworthy That's a grand offer Steve and much appreciated :notworthy ~ The link is to the NatWest CommunityForce award and is for a grant type thing that the site's applied for.

:eek: I don't think I was specific enough, which is wholey my fault and down to not wanting to ask people to cast a vote the site's way. This isn't a request for hands on grafting and/or expertise, more a read and a possible click :eek: .

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I did try (three times ) honest guv - I kept setting a a password and it kept getting rejected so I gave up - will try again in a few days

markphelan

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2011
Birmingham UK
Voted, and would be happy to help with anything that needs doing if I can spare the time.

Would some energy saving/solar powered lighting be of use? I'll cost up a few bits and pieces and see what I can do if so.

Would also gladly help with labouring, plumbing, carpentry, tiling/decorating etc. - Nearing the end of the project to overhaul our house so looking for something else to keep me occupied :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
>>> snip <<< Would also gladly help with labouring, plumbing, carpentry, tiling/decorating etc. >>> snip <<<

Thak you for a fantastic offer ~ at the moment the site isn't asking for hands on graft, just that you consider it worth the grant.

As a complete aside to the tack of the thread ~ the site does have a maintainance team. If you're (possibly) looking to be involved ongoing projects, it might be worth dropping them a line :cool:.

EDIT: Roger, that has to be the cheekiest thread-jack that I've ever seen :notworthy :rofl: .

Last edited:

markphelan

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2011
Birmingham UK
Thak you for a fantastic offer ~ at the moment the site isn't asking for hands on graft, just that you consider it worth the grant.
As a complete aside to the tack of the thread ~ the site does have a maintainance team. If you're (possibly) looking to be involved ongoing projects, it might be worth dropping them a line :cool:.

No problem, always happy to keep mysely busy and if it benefits others then that's a bonus. Do you have contact details for the maintenance team at all?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get awarded the grant :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE