Help with tent/tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Oddly, I like living under a tarp and waking up under a tarp but prefer to sleep in a tent. I have tried a few bivvy bags but didn't get on with them - too constrictive for me personally as I am quite an active sleeper, constantly moving and turning.

If I was looking for a solo shelter for around the £100 mark I would probably buy a Wild Country Aspect 1. The side opening allows you to be protected from the typical British summer (torrential rain) while still feeling and being outside, it offers decent biting insect protection, pitches inner and outer as one and if pitched with the wind in mind, the fly can be left open all night for the best ventilation.

Last edited:

mike tango 61

May 19, 2015
Reading,berkshire
I have a budget of around £100 I will be looking to wild camp on canoe trips one or two nights most probably summer months to start with, as I have an old sleeping bag do I just buy a small tent or do I get a tarp and bivvy bag I could go for both a cheap tent and DDtarp and look to get a bivvy bag later.
Weight isn't a huge issue as it'll be carried in the canoe.
I am new to the bivvy bag idea am I right it is just a weather proof envelope for your sleeping bag?.

Ideas and advice welcome.

Dave

hi, a polish army lavvu tent is a cool bit of kit,& very cheap...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE