help please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rimmer

Apr 1, 2010
eastsussex
:sadwavey::dunno:please help had my apendics out sunday and so board and in desprat need of some way to busey my hands any sugestions would be so helpful and apreasheated

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
Have the quacks change your medication.
Or learn to use your mother-tongue a bit more correct, spelling- and grammar-wise.
Say a non-native speaker of the english language.
;)

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
If you have a Knife...make sure it's in good condition...if not then now is the chance to get a keen edge on it.
If you already have your kit in good order then maybe prepare some tinder....use a knife to scrape some paper to get nice fluffly tinder...or scrape some wood for the same (I use resinous sfot wood but not sure which) ....then you will have to sharpen you knife again but it all whiles away the minutes and at the end you will be ready and prepared with some easy to catch fire lighting materials.
If you don't have a knife then try and get hold of a book and read up a subject that takes you interrest.

Mojo

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Down-time is great for planning things. Grab a pencil and paper and draw things to make, jot down ideas of things to do. Look at maps for places to go, or travel guides.

Or internet shopping for more kit that you don't need! Always fun, that one.

Rearrange your favourite kit in your rucksack, or make up some trail rations by mixing flour and dried fruit and so on. Or grab an identification guide and learn things like plant identification. Reading recipe books is another good way to use time too, and then you end up eating afterwards, which also keeps you busy!

I'll stop now...

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
If i'm proper bored, and can't get out to things i start to try kolrosing the wooden kitchen bits, like spatulars and spoons, drives the misuss crazy, as I mostly just end up whittling them down to stumps!

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
Apologies from me. I thought you were one of those way to numerous people who think they dont need any kind of correct language when on the web or writing an sms and they drive me crazy.
My father, when struck down with a bad knee for six weeks a long time ago, took the opportunity to sort all the bolts and nuts he had acquired in sixty years of work, about three buckets full of them.
Alternatively, send someone to the local library and loan books on a subject you know nothing about but always wanted to learn about. One can easily go through 300-500 pages a day when there is nothing else to do. I, unfortunately, know that, too.

rimmer

Apr 1, 2010
eastsussex
thanks for the sugestions all ive done some kolrosing on an opanel most of which i was happy with read ray meares wilderness suvivle and have started making a wistle out of elder and if the local army shop has unpacked there delivary i should be able to make some suvivle bracelets. ive also sharpened every knife in the house except the cutlary found a pice of wood to scrape for tinder so gunna try that one later meany thaks for all your sugestions

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE