Help me to win a knife argument

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
My wife thinks Iv collected to many knive, she thinks there isn't anyone that has as many as I do and that it's a weard obsession that no one els has. So I started laughing and told her that there is people out there that is way worse than me for collecting knives and to consider herself lucky as I don't think I have that many and that there are wives out there that have to put up with major knife collectors.
So she said prove it?
Guys help me out here could you post up a pic of your collecting so I can show her that I'm not that bad.. :)
Just so you know this is all I have
ype5atyt.jpg

Looks like some people's EDC :)

what I've learned is I'm way behind and need to get more.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Some great collections there folks

Same here SS,

My wife also cannot understand why there is a need for more than 1 knife and 1 axe. :rolleyes:

Atb

Craig

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
You definitely need more! Only 2 Victorinox! I've got well over 30 just of those! You're really not trying.

And you need to practice the phrase "This old thing? I've had it ages." Works for me. (Well, sort of!)

Dave

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Hog, in your photo, on the right hand side, just up from the bottom is a wooden handled folder with a metal bit over the handle,......i have one but have no idea of the history behind this style.........do you know ?

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
the correct number of knives that a person needs is n+1. (where n is the number of knives currently owned) :lmao:

i'll get some of mine up later.

cheers, and.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
these few made it to scout camp last weekend. we usually take more.:eek:

20130527_122503.jpg

the axes had to be done on a separate pic.

cheers, and.

Hog, in your photo, on the right hand side, just up from the bottom is a wooden handled folder with a metal bit over the handle,......i have one but have no idea of the history behind this style.........do you know ?
Hi Robbi, sorry for the delay.
The knife is an Okapi that I brought back from South Africa, kind of like the African Opinel if you want.
Its a knife style that goes back a long way, historicaly I dont know much about the knife and its makers.
There is a bit of info on the web.http://www.okapi.co.za/site/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okapi_(knife)
Other than that its the general use knife in the country from gang muggings to craft carving !!
I confiscated a lot of these knives from various folk during my time in the armed response, unfortunately I gave them all to work mates and never kept a single one for my self.
Hope this gives you some info.
Hog

Last edited:

crucible

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2011
vancouver bc canada
Looks like it's just only the beginnings of a nice starter set....there's only 1 lockback blade, and no multi-tools, bush blades over 12", cleavers, hatchets, or axes....

Better get cracking son, you have a lot of catching up to do...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE