help me find a book name!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
about 20 years ago my class at school read a book in english lesson about a survival story,roughly this is the gist of it: a chap is arrested by the kgb in russia and ends up in a siberian labour camp,he is befriended by a chap who is a survival expert who tells him all about survival for his planned escape,he escapes into the russian Taigia forest and begins his trip back to humanity which would take a year or more.he along the way befriends a wolf pup and names it 'so-so' as this was what it said in its doggy way,at some point the wolf is injured and dies.he comes across a downed soviet military plane he strips the pilot of his kit and id,not knowing he was being exposed to some lethal chemicle,he loses his teeth hair etc and nearly dies.after some time he makes it to civiliseation,startling a family picknicing in a forest park,the authorities asume him to be the dead pilot any how he ends up before a kgb brass and gets sent free .

any one know the book?

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I am reading a book called The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz, arrested by the Russians in November 1939, tortured then sentenced to 25 years in a labour camp in Siberia. He escaped from the camp with 6 companions, travellling south on foot through some of the harshest environments on earth including the Gobi desert, reaching freedom into Tibet.
Not quite following your tale, but still pretty close! They had two tools with them: an axe and a knife, also something I am meaning to try to light a fire: a, probably hardened, nail and flint.
Talk about Extreme Bushcraft!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE