Help choosing a new edc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
Hi All,

I have been reading some threads recently regarding edc's and how they can sometimes fall foul of the law and I didn't want to hijack their thread.

I have an edc but believe it falls foul of the law and I really don't want hassle over it or worse because of someone who doesn't see my reasons as reasonable.

leathermanknifee302plai.jpg

Is what I carry at present, I love it, the blade is secure, it has a good phillips screw driver, a good flat screw driver, a bottle opener it gets really sharp really easily and its sub 3 inches.

I also have a leatherman juice which I am carrying now instead but its heavy, I can feel it in my pocket all the time and it is a bit fiddly, Im not the most dexterous so look a muppet trying (and often failing) to get tools on it out.

So what do you guys recommend? It needs to be light, have good screw drives, a good blade, preferably a bottle opener and, as always, cheap!

http://www.heinnie.com/Pocket-Tools...s/Leatherman-Multi-Tools-Style/p-94-222-5500/

Looks like an option but concerned it could be too small with rubbush tweezers, rubbish scissors and rubbish screwdrivers. Anyone played with one of these?

http://www.heinnie.com/Pocket-Tools/Gerber-Multi-Tools/Gerber-Vise/p-94-219-4296/

Also looks promising but again could be a little small and fiddly.

Anyone have any other recommendations or suggestions?

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I have the Gerber Vice. I had to return one because the pliers broke when I tried to tighten a zip tie with them. I couldn't get a refund so had to do a like for like exchange. Also the key ring loop gets in the way of the non serrated blade. For these reasons I would not recommend the Vice.

My personal preference is a Victorinox SAK rather than a "multi-tool" as the SAK's main function is a knife, which suits my needs better. Horses for courses though.

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
For these reasons I would not recommend the Vice.

Thanks, really appreciate that as I was pretty tempted. what I want is a multi tool, the weight and size of a normal folder for virtually no money and the functionality of a toolbox. Simple when you think about it!

Anyone else got a moon on a stick avaialble?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE