Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 6, 2006
Edinburgh
Hey

Just bought a Gransfors hatchet from Andrew at Outdoorcode who put me on to the site..... and i'm very grateful - for both the Hatchet (stunning piece of work) and the advice.

I was much more involved when I was younger, but it's been a while since i've had the time to get out there as much as I would like -but after a recent serious rethink i've realised that you've got to make the time!
So this is where it begins.

Live in Edinburgh so would be keen to hear of anyone who could recommend decent wildcamping places in the Edinburgh/Borders areas. (I'm particularly interested in Broadleaf woodland areas)

Hope you're all well.

Good luck.

soup_monger

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 30, 2005
EDINBURGH AND PERTH
Hello Forrester and welcome to BCUK. :)

I usually head North for remote locations so I can't help with any local or Borders areas.

Hope your coping with the heat in Edinburgh the past few days. :D

Cheers

Jun 6, 2006
Edinburgh
Thanks - glad to be here

I've been down south for the last few days so i've been melting! Hoping to make the most of this weekend by getting away with the missus - was thinking of Morar area?

I've also heard that there are amazing forests in Perthshire, that true?

soup_monger

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 30, 2005
EDINBURGH AND PERTH
forrester said:
Thanks - glad to be here

I've been down south for the last few days so i've been melting! Hoping to make the most of this weekend by getting away with the missus - was thinking of Morar area?

I've also heard that there are amazing forests in Perthshire, that true?

If you get a look at OS map 53 you will see that there are a few areas of forest, but, that most of them have the purple outline of the National Trust which limits your activity. (i.e no fires allowed)

Having said that, it is still one of the few places in Scotland that still has some natural woodland and there are some interesting little pockets further North.

Cheers

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Forrester,welcome aboard. I agree with Toddys thoughts about going to the Scottish meet you won't meet a nicer bunch of people. Also check out the meetups and social chatter forum,if you look back at old threads on Scottish meetups you will get an idea of what they're all about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE