Hello new to group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KB1HZM

Sep 14, 2006
North Adams, MA USA
Just wanted to say hello. I actually stumbled onto this site while looking for a hammock on ebay and fell in love with it. I am mostly a backpacker(base load 30lbs for atleast 7 days). I love to make my own gear when I can, mostly just simple things like alcohol stoves, hooches, and i made a hatchet out of one that my friend had broke. I am into amateur radio ( tech ticket). I was in the army for 7 yrs and loved every minute of it (except the PT). I am looking forward to talking to everyone and learning new things

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Alright mate, welcome to the site! Regular gold mine of infomation this place. You go wild camping alot?

KB1HZM

Sep 14, 2006
North Adams, MA USA
i try to go camping as much as i can but this season hasnt been that great for me only been out a few times cause of work and family issues. In my part of MA there is alot of places to go camping but not alot of truly wild places. As long as i cant hear cars, people, sirens, and trucks. I am happy

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Yeah know that one, not so much a case of avoiding other campers over here. its just all gamekeepers ya got to watch out for. Theres no real areas where you can wild camp [removed by Tony] . i always think if people can never tell you were there its no problem...

KB1HZM

Sep 14, 2006
North Adams, MA USA
Agree with you on that one thats one of the reasons why i like alcohol stoves. You dont need a fire ring or pit. Plus the fuel is easy to carry and is cheap and easy to find. It doesnt smoke or smell and it doesnt give away your site.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
yeah tend to limit my fires to the night and use a solid fuel hexamine stove for the morning, again there cheap as chips.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Welcome to Bushcraft UK, it's good to have you. It sounds like you enjoy the outdoors :You_Rock_ Feel free to share your experiences on here.

If you've got any questions feel free to ask, there's some great minds on here :D

KB1HZM

Sep 14, 2006
North Adams, MA USA
LOL one thing i have noticed is that i have to learn the lingo....but im getting there. Also trying to find suppliers for some of the things you mention is kinda hard but ill get there. And thanks for all the welcomes

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Always good to welcome another radio man. There are quite a few of us here: Scuba Pete, Eric Methven, myself (GM0WEZ), and I think we have a Dutch amateur too.

73 de Doc

KB1HZM

Sep 14, 2006
North Adams, MA USA
Doc said:
Always good to welcome another radio man. There are quite a few of us here: Scuba Pete, Eric Methven, myself (GM0WEZ), and I think we have a Dutch amateur too.

73 de Doc
I figured that there would be a few here seeing how the two hobbies work well together. and thanks for the welcome

73's

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE