Hello from South Lakes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeGeeBee

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2009
South Lakes
:rolleyes: I've popped by now and then in the past, searching for gems of info on this or that. Usually having been directed here by someone on SOTP or CWAV. Where there appears to be a number of members, that frequent here & there. I'm interested in the outdoors as a whole, though rarely seem to have the time, other than through work to actually get out there. Mind, for those on BCUK that know me or of me from elsewhere, they know I've not got far to go, to be in the wilds.

Life is full of motive, whether you know it, admit it or not. I'm interested in carving some spoons, a cup or three and maybe a bowl or some. Working mainly in Birch or Oak, as I've an abundance of both. How good I'll be at this endeavour, I cannot say. But I've been searching for info on crook knives; one has to start somewhere. Having already asked on the aforementioned paddle forums, one of the names that came up, was 'FGYT' of this very forum. I've had a look at his knives so far, what nice looking tools they are, and maybe in the fullness of time, I'll get round to gleening more info of his work and that of your good selves.

I'm a veggie but have no problem with hunting, (I was a hunter but those days are behind me now) if the prey is to be eaten and not sold for profit or merely got for the 'sporting' purposes. I strongly disagree with hunting using dogs. So if this subject comes up, I'll tend to stay clear of it, for fear of offending others.

Certainly I'll be asking more than answering. But you'll find I'm an opinionated soul, though polite with it... And I like my little witticisms.

TGB

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE