Hello from Canada

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Canadian Guy

Sep 29, 2005
Ontario, Canada
After visiting this forum I thought I would register and sometimes take part in the very good discussions rather then merely lurk. I live in Ontario and enjoy the vast expanse (and cold) of it through camping, hiking, canoeing and also roughing it outside as an Infantry Sergeant in the Canadian Army Reserves. Hope to add something to the discussions!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Canadian Guy and welcome to BCUK, the others have already sung the praises of the forum so I'll just add that if you've any questions then ask away, there's always someone that can point you in the right direction ;)

You're in a beautiful country, I lived there for 2 years, 93-95 in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, a great experience.

Have a good one and we'll see you when you can get on. :D

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
Hey Canadian guy,

welcome from an honourary Canadian (married one, eh?)

Which part of Ontario are you in? We spent the summer near Port Perry, but managed to get up to Notawasaga and Algonquin for a few days - it was bliss.

Andy

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Welcome - you'll enjoy it here and your experience will be helpful to others.

A lot of the British members happen to have a service background, but it is striking how many American/Canadian members have served.
I don't know why this should be so.

Canadian Guy

Sep 29, 2005
Ontario, Canada
To answer you Pteron I live in Southern Ontario in the Niagara Region about 10km from Niagara Falls, also lived in NW Ontario in Thunder Bay for a number of years. Niagara is one of the more milder regions in Canada although last winter was one of the colder and definately snowier on record. There is a saying about Thunder Bay which sums it up well "Summer in Thunder Bay is 2 months of bad ice fishing". I was up in Algonquin twice this past summer with my family and did a bit of interior hiking and interior canoe camping on Lake Opeongo which was simple and not to intense but fun.

D

DOC-CANADA

Welcome Canadian Guy;

It's good to see another person from Southern Ontario.
St. Catharines?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE