Heyaa from Edmonton Canada

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ClownToeshin

Aug 15, 2022
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hi all,

I am John from all the way in Canada!

I am just getting started with going out in the wilderness more and more, and learning about the mountains. Ever since joining the military as a part-time job, I have been enjoying my time in the woods, climbing mountains or just swimming in the lake after a long hike.

As Canada doesn't really have a dedicated bushcraft forum, I thought of joining on one here. It has been a lot of help trying to get me started, get some decent gear, etc. I have build small cabin in the woods near Banff Alberta for easier ease of access to the wilderness, but then I realized I still have to drive 3 hours to my cabin from Edmonton.....

Anyhow, I like going hiking, camping, backpacking, mountain climbing, fishing too, and look forward too met the guys on this forum.

Best regard,
John

Reactions: plastic-ninja

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hello and Welcome.

I had the privileged of visiting your part of the world twice for winter courses with Mors Kochanski in Peers, west of Edmonton. Didn't get as far as Banff, did get to Jasper for a day trip. January isn't the best time to be wandering around, but it was an experience.

I thought that Canadians thought nothing of a 3 hour drive ;) In the UK that is a long way, but for you folk its like the end of the street, right? :D

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Chris

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Welcome John, I'm west of Jasper & Mt Robson in McBride, BC.
I'd pass on a 3 hr winter drive on HWY 16. You have some great river valleys and ravines to explore, a lot closer to Edm.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Welcome to our virtual fire. I look forward to reading of your exploits.
I haven't done much in Alberta. We don’t have proper wilderness in the UK.

You're never more than a few miles from a road or forest track.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE