Hello From Bear Grylls Advocate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Seen this guy before. He got banned from BCL (over a week ago?) and ended up on here.

NLW

Soooo, doesn't mean he will be banned here. Too many prejudices cross pollinating on forums. I get hate mail because I'm a member of BB, how ridiculous!!!! Live and learn, live and let live... time will tell :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's just ridiculous...........how idiotic is it, sending hate mail because someone is a member elsewhere ? :rolleyes:

People end up in amongst company they enjoy; so what if it's a different site ?
No one site will ever suit everyone all the time.

Sorry you've had to thole that JD.

cheers,
Toddy

Ruvio

Nomad
I just want to make it clear
i have ABSOLUTELY no problem with anyone who likes Bear Grills
or this man
my welcome was a light hearted jab on the grounds that i think bear grills, survival wise, is....a numpty
all luck to him though, seems a nice bloke

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That's just ridiculous...........how idiotic is it, sending hate mail because someone is a member elsewhere ? :rolleyes:

People end up in amongst company they enjoy; so what if it's a different site ?
No one site will ever suit everyone all the time.

Sorry you've had to thole that JD.

cheers,
Toddy

Indeed it is Toddy, I don't rile anyone and just talk about sharps and stuff I find interesting, but lately people seems to be instilling hate across a broad spectrum of forums and don't judge each other on personality but on which forums they are registered. Unfortunately threads get locked before they can beat it to death and they move it to other threads and other forums or other people, this thread is a result of that and innocent people that are registering are getting alienated as the groups stick together defending themselves. I don't know how it will ever be stopped, but I sincerely hope that the communities don't get framented and destroyed because of it.

I think we all need to step back and if we don't like a thread, we don't comment or post. If people are here to spam, then they will hang themselves and they will get no posts, we don't need lynch mobs to do it.

Enough, I'm moving on....... to happier threads that is :240:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I wasn't being prejudiced. I was stating a fact.

Simples.

NLW

And this is just the point, we know that. No need to point that out. New pastures and lessons learnt.. things might have been different here, but was he given even an iota of a chance. Everyone deserves a second chance until proven otherwise. No need for pitchforks and torches just yet. That's what moderators are for, not our job.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think we all need to step back and if we don't like a thread, we don't comment or post. If people are here to spam, then they will hang themselves and they will get no posts, we don't need lynch mobs to do it.

Exactly ......

Leave the Mods to do their job

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
I was posting a heads up for a bloke that got banned, if I'm correct, for spamming.
I am NOT bringing cross forum griping into the mix, because that is not my style. I do however give heads up where they are due, in the hope of preventing nonsense in an environment where I'm trying to gain knowledge and skills. Anyone with a problem on that; pm's are welcome. Or do we clog forums up with off topic stuff even more?

NLW

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Agreed, you maybe should have PM'd a moderator with concerns rather than adding fuel to an already raging fire. Mods here are members or mods on the other forums too. This is indeed a great forum for learning and having conversations with like minded individuals, let's carry on with that now eh and leave the original poster to either move along as a spammer or get involved as a member of the community. It's a new forum and upto him to decide. Lets gravitate back and see what happens. It's sometimes rewarding to be a voyeur

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
We call that dogging where I come from.
Doubt you'll see him again.No sales opportunity.

As for BG, I'm neither hot nor cold, therefore not adding ANY fuel to that fire. I won't slag the guy off as other members have. Nor would I say I'm a fan. Horses for courses and whatever floats your boat. My view is if he's that dedicated to his work then he should tell his producers to jog on when they want him to 'entertain'. But of course that'll mean the end of a juicy pay slip and Craghoppers won't be too pleased either.

NLW

I'm me. Who are you?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Umm, general not impressed with this thread, the guy was asked to introduce himself by me, he did so and got shot down, very bad form, very rude and unnecessary. If anyone has an issue then report the post and we'll look at it, don't rip into people on the forums and quote rules to them when one of the rules is no flaming, that's hypocritical and shouldn't be happening. :deal:

A bad representation of good people :(

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Tony,

Can't you just delete all posts other than OP? Then close the thread.

That way, BGAdvocate gets his introduction and we lose the sniping?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I thought about that might do but i wanted people to know that they were out of order and i'm not impressed.

People shouldn't be treated like that when they're introducing themselves.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
where are you BGadvocate, speak out don't be put off and rise to the challenge, there are plenty of friendly people on here, welcome, personally i choose to ignore the politics being only interested in friendly issues like sharing information and learning skills for the better of all. ''Tolerance'' ain't such a dirty word, welcome to the site.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Cheers for keeping the thread open Tony, the good will always win through in the end and sometimes threads are closed too soon before that can happen, which then only shows a dark side. It's a testament to the good nature of members on this forum that the thread has turned from negative to a more positive outlook :beerchug:

...........I get hate mail because I'm a member of BB, how ridiculous!!!! Live and learn, live and let live... time will tell :)

I'm really struggling to understand why someone would send hate mail because you are on BB? Whats wrong with BB? Would someone really have such a grudge against another forum that they would harrass members?

Very odd.

As for BG advocate, I am sorry to see the greeting he received, perhaps we're all getting a little too tribal?:D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I sent a PM to BGadvocate. Sorry I didnt mean to upset him, I genuinely did think he was just a company pretending to be an individual, or someone on commission, I thought it was really low to join forums to spam it with goods pretending to be a person. But yeah looking at his site, I think he is just a man with a passion for Bear Grylls and started threads out of step with the forum.
sorry Tony. Hope that helps

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
First there was....:newbie:
With whom members...:argue:
:lurk:
It escalates a bit....:BlueTeamE
New member says :ban: and :sulkoff:
Boss...:nono:
Members...:sad6:
Now we need just need :newbie: back...:grouphug: :beerchug:

:yelrotflm:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE