Hello From Bear Grylls Advocate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
damn, i was hoping he would write a sonnet about bear with me :-(.

New show, Bear is in the wilderness and he has to use his survival skills to avoid an over zealous fan

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If I do, that's three for three.
Poor man, what a record to have :rolleyes:

Ach, leave him be. Maybe he'll settle down and actually discuss some bushcrafty topics.

cheers,
Toddy

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Well, he's here, he's into the outdoors, ok he bigs up BG but so what ? Don't we go on an on about Ray and Mors all the time ???:D :rolleyes: Give the guy a break and see how it pans out. :D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Bull****. BGadvocate introduced himself, as was asked of him by a mod, after two posts that were locked.

Read the other threads.

He even gave his full name etc. Not many spammers do that afaik.

firecrest was just plain rude.

Yes I was a bit rude, I was sure the man was just a front for a company working on comission. Ive seen people like that alot, they are more effective than spam bots and go on forums getting commission for what they sell.
Looks like this guy is geniune, if a little out of step with forum rules. Which I find quite quaint that somebody has turned their life around watching Grylls. least he has been of some use!
Don't go away BGAdvocate, just read the rules on spamming and start again.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
What a welcome!
So far he's been ridiculed for admiring someone certain members don't like and accused of spamming.I thought people were a bit more tolerant here and everyone was treated with respect untill they showed they didn't deserve it.To all those who jumped the gun ,I hope you're all ashamed of yourselves.
Anybody going to apologise?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I apologise for saying Bear Grylls was a numpty, he's a decent fella and a good one at that. It's the producers of Born Survivor that are numpties. I recommend that people read his book Facing Up where you'll discover his humility and respect for nature, as well as a pure thirst for adventure.

I'm still a RayMearsAdvocate though :240:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry you got off on such a rocky start, I am afraid it was inevitable that you would get a bit of a rough ride at some point. The moderators saw your choice of Username when you registered and weren't in much doubt that your first posts would create a few sparks :lmao: I have to admit that there was immediate suspicion that your only reason forjoining in order to promote your own web site, but you got given the benefit of the doubt till you posted your first threads.

The rules about advertising and self promotion are the same for all new members and you aren't the first person who has joined up with something they have wanted to share and have fallen afoul of them with their first post. The rules aren't tailored to take account of what you are promoting.

Your last post suggests that you have decided to leave already, even though your penultimate post says that you like a challenge. If you do stick around, take a little time to read around the forum, get a feel for the other folk on it and take time to let folk get to know you in some capacity other than that of BG's #1 Fan ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE