Hello everybody! (essay alert)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TroubledTalent

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2014
The woods
Hi there. I actually missed this section of the forum when I joined. Some of you already know me a little.
This is just here for anybody who wants to know what/who I am. Also I must say everybody I've spoken to so far has been a pleasure.

My name is Chris. I'm 23, but don't let that fool you :p Born in Romford essex, half Scottish and something like 1/8 Romany Gypsy.
When asked, the average age people assume is 35. I have a huge beard and smoke pipes. Churchwarden or estate.
I have a bizzare sense of humour, I have mild Autism (just shy of aspergers) and I wont tell you my IQ but I will say I rejected a membership to Mensa when I was 12. (head silently inflates)

I am an everyman. Spiv, oddjob, the hulk... I've had a few nicknames. I left home at 15 and had my first introduction into the world of survival. A somewhat brutal introduction, but a productive one all the same. What family I do have these days are non-biological and selected by experience. O and I live with the girl of my dreams, Going strong for 4 years now.

Nowdays I'm a property manager and a Musician. Self taught and mastered Guitar; Proficient in Banjo, Violin, Piano and Harmonica. I have a plethora of ICT A levels and diplomas. My biggest hobby is Prospecting and Geology. I don't do anything by halves, and I've never failed anything I set out to do.

Bushcraft became a very natural part of my life long ago. It goes hand in hand with living on the streets. If you can't fashion a tin can, a rubber tube and a cardboard box into a home for the night and hide out of sight then you get arrested and put into a hostel.... where groups of angry Polish men take your things.... haha

People tend to like me. Often more than their own kids lmao. I think that is mainly because most of the older generation feel aware that I am a "rare example of a modern man." I don't have any friends my own age, and never have. People my own age think everything I said or did is an invite to competition which frankly f*cks me right off because I feel the like the asshole if I prove there is no competition....

There is no greater feeling than that of a forest. The energy that fills you from the soles of your feet and upward..... Science can't explain that or a lot of other things in my opinion. It is what it is; A nubile form of a cold, mathematical understanding.

Although I comment rarely, I read pretty much everything on this forum. I want to tell you I'm vastly impressed by your attitudes, the good feeling on this forum and the knowledge and respect you so freely hand to anyone. It's quite enlightening to be here.

I'm really sorry if I come across as concieted from all of the above, It's very hard to explain who you are without feeling proud of your achievements.
Unless you specificly ask me to include more detail, I will answer any questions with as little detail as possible just to save you from reading anymore of my waffle hahaha.

All the best
Chris

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Chris,
Quite an introduction and a good one. Must say that I've always said that we're all on the spectrum somewhere, some just slide further along it. As you say they're a good bunch of folk on here and characters abound. It's why I love it too. It's the same reason I enjoyed working in forestry, it seemed to attract gifted and or odd fellows to it.
Hope you continue to enjoy your time here and to take part too, as that's really what makes this place special, folks take time to put their thoughts and opinions down rather than just hit a "LIKE" button - which thankfully the Boss doesn't like and has been spoken out against.
So welcome and enjoy,
GB.

TroubledTalent

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2014
The woods
Thanks very much for the warm welcome guys.
Couldn't agree more that this is a place full of characters, it's awesome. And Goatboy, you're 100% right. Everyone's on the spectrum somewhere :D
Also all of you have great signatures!

One last point, my life goal is to Farm Alpacas in the Scottish highlands, and use the money to buy land and create more and more forest. But just incase, I'm prepared to join the bushcraftUK commune as a workhorse if the financial world collapses Pahahaha

Have a great Thursday everyone

TroubledTalent

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2014
The woods
Thanks again to all :D

Until I come across another collection of priceless vintage pipes for next to nothing... I shall need no others! haha
I like harsher smokes like dunhil or bruno in the summer, Although I am more partial to sweeter flavours for the winter. Any you'd recommend?

hi chris I read this with a smile my wee boy joe is 11 has an aspergers diagnosis - and in your writing your humour is just like his, his passions are the beano and gaming unfortunately so Im doing all I can to inspire him to love the outdoors with foraging ( hence im on here) surfing and climbing , coasteering etc - he does it but then its back to the screen.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE