Hello Everybody at last

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 16, 2005
East Sussex
My name is Max and I live in East Sussex.

Having been lurking (I think the net term is perving :) ) in the background for about a year and thought that it was about time I spoke up and registered.

I have been armchair colleting kit during this time and have most things, but have discovered as it appears many of you have, that you can never have enough !!!. If I went into the woods with all of the stuff that I have accumulated I would need Sherpa Tensing and a couple of his mates to give me a hand

I have actually been out in the woods near Battle (1066, Harold and all that) a couple of times lately, foraging chestnuts and shrooms, and am a gnats away from actually sleeping out, honest, no really I am.

I have learnt a shed load of stuff from you guys over the last year and am very grateful but was wondering how many of you are in East Sussex and if any of you would be willing to show me a thing or two, or just have a general chat about bushcraft type stuff in these parts.
Ray lives just up the road in Etchingham, and nice bloke that he seems to be, I can’t afford the arm, leg, shirt off back etc for one of his courses.

And anyway, he told me that he was busy making a fire by repeatedly kicking a Marmoset until it sparked :lmao: .

All joking aside I think what I share with yourselves is a love of the great outdoors and all things related.

Anyway keep up the good work and look foreword to hearing from you

Many Thanks,
Maxy
(Green as that big bloke that flogs sweetcorn)

“Don’t eat the yellow snow”
Frank Zappa

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
hello and welcome

Got to use a less common zappa reference then that

how about ;
"Out through the night and the whispering breezes to the place where they keep the imaginary diseases"

Or
“They live in Mohave in a Winnebago, his name is Bobby he looks like a potato”

what a man zapper :lmao: :D

James

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Welcome Maxy, I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy it here.

As another Zappa fan I could come up with several of my favorite phases but I think they are all too rude as there maybe children watching :lmao:

Moduser

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Welcome Maxy. I'm from London. I have almost no kit except a draw of knives and stones and also a pile of sticks and boards to make fire with. I occasionally camp with my scout troop.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Hi Maxy

You'll find me over the border in West Sussex if you are ever down this way. Of course the weather is warmer (but wetter) the further west you go ;)

Welcome

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Welcome aboard.. good that you have stepped in to the fire light after so long in the shadows..

dont worrie about having more kit that you need, if you only had the kit you needed life would be very boring, you would have nothing to play with and you would have cash coming out of your ears!

:beerchug:

Nov 16, 2005
East Sussex
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Now I know that I probably should not be posting this here, but humour me this once for my first contributory post.

It is a pic of my homemade stainless steel billy can.

(Some of you may refer to this as a junk shop tea pot with a hole drilled either side, with a length of coat hanger threaded through it.)

It works, its mine, i made it, it holds a litre, it cost 50p and that makes me happy :) .

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mnt_uk/detail?.dir=/b028&.dnm=bb00.jpg&.src=ph

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE