hello and great site

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jigsaw

Jul 25, 2009
ireland
Im no authority on blades or such things but I do a lot of shooting/hunting/forageing and generally messing about in the countryside.I have to say I always found the opinel line of knives....BLOODY BORING....there I said it.I owned 2 and they never appealed to me.I gave 1 away and thankfully lost the other.I am using a moira at the moment and its practical and competent ....BUT...its a dull kind of knife as well.I am hoping to get a new knife during the summer one ay or the other and I really enjoy admiring the quality knives you guys make.I have checked out the mass produced knives and am going to wait till I can afford something that really takes my fancy.So just thought Id write up my thoughts and keep the great creations coming.Best regards JIGSAW.(I await the onslaught,lol.)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Welcome mate.

Can't say i've had Moiras pleasure myself but i'm sure she's pleasant.;)

Seriously though Moras are great knives.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Welcome to the forum Jigsaw

Jason

Ps I my as we start the onslaught Opinel knives may be boring but they do a job !its not a PS3 its a knife!!! rant over !!!HeHe!!Next

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi and welcome to the site it's good to have you, if you've got any questions ask away as there's always someone that can point you in the right direction :D
Have a read of the rules and regs so you know what's what and get stuck in goodjob

I'll just move this to the intro forums ;)

jigsaw

Jul 25, 2009
ireland
thanks guys.I am just a knife fan.I dont have any that are superfantbulous but the ones I have are practical.Jason your right,the opinel are practical,just not able to warm to them.Moiras are a very handy knife barn owl,I take it with me all the time and its done some stuff with me.Heres a photo to let you get the drift of what I do a lot.
005-2.jpg

054.jpg

goattaxi-1.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

Ive been culling them thar goats for over 18 months but still not geting even close to controling their numbers.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
I take it you have some sort of problems with wild goats where you are ? Looks like you will be eating curried goat for some time to come!!!

Jason

jigsaw

Jul 25, 2009
ireland
At the moment I have 4 hanging up Robbie.2 are for the farmers that own the land,they like a few kid goats in the freezer.I feed most to the dogs and I eat a few kids myself.Jag009 we have a massive problem with ferral goats where I live.I counted over 70 adults last wednesday and dozens of kids with them.I have culled over 60 in the last 18 months and I still cant put a dent in their numbers.Oh and i hate the taste of curry so thats off the menu,lol.

jigsaw

Jul 25, 2009
ireland
well Barn owl your wellcome to as many as ye want,lol.I cooked some last week and I have to honestly say.....IT WAS FRIGGIN AWFULL.I threw it out to the dogs.Im sticking with kid goats from now on.Hello to you too john Fenna,great site for reviews and new products,been checking it out for a long while and thought I better come out from the darkness.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE