heat sheets/hammock insulation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elenias

Mar 17, 2009
Solihull
Hey,
can you use heatsheets (emergency blankets) to add insulation to your hammock (hennessy in my case) ?
If yes, how exactely?
thx

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Yes as part of the total insulation.

It will reflect heat back at you.

but you need to look into it as there are some downsides, like perspiration not escaping and conduction of heat.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Hey,
can you use heatsheets (emergency blankets) to add insulation to your hammock (hennessy in my case) ?
If yes, how exactely?
thx

I will be trying out the windsreen sun/frost covers from Aldi, they fit across the screen with a reflective coating on and should fit nicely into the hammock pocket om my DD :D

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Space blankets (the aluminized reflective things) are a bit over-rated. Yes, they reflect back radiant heat, but you loose very little heat by radiation.

I have sometimes considered one to improve a reflector fire but not tried it yet.

Mar 24, 2009
ireland
i have read a lot about the space blanket on the hamock forums and they say if you put a babys disposable nappy between you and the blanket it will absorb the moisture from beneath you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE