Heads up: Titanium Hip Flask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dj77

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2010
South West, UK
Hi folks, I hope this is the right place to put this. There is a Kickstarter project for a Titanium Hipflask that is pretty affordable compared to what's available at present. I find even stainless steel taints alcohol so am hopeful This Titanium one will not (they are using top grade Ti).

No connection just a backer.

http://kck.st/17TTPPn

Last edited:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
the purest possible material? What does that even mean? Is titanium more pure than say iron? Is steel less pure as it's an alloy? What's the purity of glass?

Some like pure marketing schpeel to me.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Quick google and there are titanium hip flasks about but the prices are eye watering. Cant imagine there would be much a weight saving if that was the aim.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
There's always ...glass, or anodised aluminium.

Strikes me as a solution looking for a problem :)

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
From the site:
we took the liberty to reinvent it and make it a desirable accessory instead of a functional one
Nice enough flask, but its selling point seems to be Design with a capital D rather than utility.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Hi folks, I hope this is the right place to put this. There is a Kickstarter project for a Titanium Hipflask that is pretty affordable compared to what's available at present. I find even stainless steel taints alcohol so am hopeful This Titanium one will not (they are using top grade Ti).

No connection just a backer.

http://kck.st/17TTPPn

Can you expand a bit on the 'just a backer' bit?

I've not noticed any tainting with stainless steel flasks and I've used them for years.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've been using SS flasks for many years now, and as rik_uk3 posted above I've never once had a problem with tainting.............and if I did I'd get a decent half-bottle and glue some leather to it; I used one of those for a very long time, until the pack it was in got pinched............................

dj77

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2010
South West, UK
Can you expand a bit on the 'just a backer' bit?

I've not noticed any tainting with stainless steel flasks and I've used them for years.

Kick starter is a crowd funding platform where folks with a product idea makes a presentation of what they want to produce and individuals back them and usually get better pricing or incentives for doing so :)

I did look at snowpeak but the price once shipping was added was prohibitive. I managed to jump in when someone changed their pledge and will get the 6oz at £55 inc postage which I think is the dogs dodahs for medical grade titanium :)

dj77

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2010
South West, UK
I have several stainless steel flasks including the Stanley classic of which I am very fond. If alcohol is left for a while it gets a metallic tang. I know one isn't meant to leave drink in them but I hoped as Titanium is supposed to be inert it will be OK to store in, only time will tell.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Kick starter is a crowd funding platform where folks with a product idea makes a presentation of what they want to produce and individuals back them and usually get better pricing or incentives for doing so :)

I did look at snowpeak but the price once shipping was added was prohibitive. I managed to jump in when someone changed their pledge and will get the 6oz at £55 inc postage which I think is the dogs dodahs for medical grade titanium :)

So...you do have a connection?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE