Heads Up - RM on Tour again!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I was privileged to see the preview at the outdoors show 07 then the lecture at Buxton in the autumn last year so I'm tempted to go third time lucky and now I'm interested to see how he's developed the format and content :naughty:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
You went to the Buxton one? I tried to book for that but it was sold out, I ended up going to the Derby one instead. It was a pretty cool lecture.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Hey if you can't get tickets to that, you can probably still book for "The black dyke band" thats playing a few weeks later (???!)

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
An open air theatre :D
That is rather appropriate!

A quick google suggests either that (a) he's not doing a full tour or (b) if he is it's
not been much publicised yet. I'd certainly recommend hearing him talk - he's
good fun :)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Yes its gone up 5 quid. I still might go. Is it the same talk as last year?
I suspect it coincides with his book release.

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
Looks like the same talk as last year.

I've seen him a few times over the last 5 years (he did a few down here in Sussex/Kent as it's close to home) and I've not felt the talks have developed much in that time.

I'd recommend it if you haven't seen him but I wouldn't spend the money again to see the same thing.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Its pay day today. Think Ill spend my money on a ticket. infact ill get two under the guise i got them as a present for someone. truth is I dont drive and need to ask someone to drive me there. hehehe!

Got back from this an hour ago.
I really enjoyed it even though most of the stuff I had seen on tv or read about.
I left the seating area only to find myself pushed into the book signing queue with no book:togo:
I thought i'd stay in the queue until I saw matt weir so I could donate my place in the queue to him to get his books signed (sorry matt didn't see you) (thanks for the blanket).

I arrived at the desk with no book said hello to ray and shook his hand then asked him to do a quick dedication to my kids on my phone.
He was a bit stumped for words and his body guard was laughing at my 'putting him on the spot', but he's a true pro and he pulled it off.

It was either that or get him to sign my chest:eek: , something I don't believe cheshire is ready for yet:theyareon

Bodge:)

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
LOL nice one Bodge. By the time I got out it seemed there were more people in the queue than there were are the talk! :D Needless to say I trudged past and onto the car park.

Thanks again to Bodge and Mrs Bodge for the shelter, food and blanket :)D that sounds like they pulled me out of a ditch somewhere :D)

Nice to see Chris G - see you at the weekend mate :D

The format is the same only seemed a bit watered down and lacking in the spark of the earlier ones but I suppose he may be getting slightly jaded with repeating himself now and it's time for a change?

Still a very enjoyable evening all the same.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE