Heads Up…..Links on sig lines, etc.,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This is a Heads Up in an attempt to save the Mods a lot of work, and to keep a level playing field for everyone.

BcUK has always had a very gentle hand on the links situation. All we have asked is that there is a reciprocal link on any site that someone links to from their signature link here.
It doesn't need to be a 'screaming banner headline', or 'The Biggest Link', or "Centre Front!!!' (and yes, I have heard all the mince talked about it over the years from the disaffected :sigh: ) all it needs is a link in among any others you may have on your site.

If you don't have links, you can't link from here.

That's it really.

We do have a request that you don't make you sig link so EnOrMoUsLy HuGe that it dominates your posts, but that's a courtesy thing as much as anything else.

Makers and Traders need to have persmission from the Boss for their sites, but that's just part and parcel of being a Maker or a Trader.

It's the rest of the Membership that are raising eyebrows and I for one, am not in the notion to be having to go around and check everyone's site.

Pretty please ? have a looksee at yours and sort things out tidily ?

Your help is as ever, very much appreciated :D

Mary

p.s.
The official blurb (found under the Forum link on the top blue header bar on every page…

5. LINKS FROM BUSHCRAFT UK
If users of Bushcraft UK use the site to promote their own website, business or other organisation via links using any of the facilities on Bushcraft UK it is expected that a reciprocal link is posted by the user referring people back to Bushcraft UK. If this is not forthcoming, Bushcraft UK reserve the right to request a link be established or any reference to the users website, business or other organisation to be removed from Bushcraft UK.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
This is my fault.

I gently pointed out to a new-ish member who had a slightly more prominent sig link that a reciprocal link was something that members signed up to when they joined, if that persons sig had been the same font and size as that used in posts I probably wouldn't have looked.

The member was entirely cool about it and claimed that they had missed that part of the joining rules, easily done.

However said member then went to look for some kind of BCUK button to add to their website and when checking the links of some long serving members (full or otherwise) not only couldn't find a link button but no reciprocal links either.

So, please folks if your linking from this site to yours, please add a link back to here.

:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I know that this has been well read, but I'm posting again just to keep it active.

So far, we can see that folks are taking it on board, and we're grateful for the help :D

kind regards,
Mary

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE