heads up on an allen blade knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Anyone have the dimensions??
I just heard the shipping will be $9 or $10 so no problems there.

RB

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
MagiKelly said:
As for cost I expect my Bushcrafter, Runt and Pack Pal together will cost less than a WS Maple Woodlore and with three knifes I could even risk lending one to Rollnick to lose :eek:mg:

:rolmao: :rolmao:

Bill

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Alan just put some additional info over at BB...

Hey all,

The Blade on the PACK PAL SCANDI is the same length as the regular PACK PAL which is 3 -1/8th overall it is 7-1/8th

The Standard Material will be HArd Maple for the handle.

but i can use Brown/natural Micarta(as pictured), black canvas micarta, bacote, osage orange, curly maple, cocobolo, and i have some black walnut too.

Anyother material for the handle would be an extra cost, whatever it cost me to get it.

As far as PINS go, the Standard model can have either HOllow or solid Pins.

I can do Mosaic Pins like in Shwerts Picture in that style for $5.00 extra on the cost of the knife.

any other questions or if you want to get on the list email me at bladecutlery@comcast.net be glad to answer any questions you have.

Regards, Allan Blade

I am going to add the firesteel holder and maybe mosaic pins.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I quite like the hollow pins but I've never seen them 'in the flesh' so to speak, any thoughts guys, pros and cons?

Bill

leon-1

It is a fine looking blade by Mr. Blade, if anyone wants the full sized imagee give me a yell by e-mail and I will send it to you. Sorry Allan if I had put the image up that you sent it would of taken up a lot of space and would probably have been larger than you could fit on a single screen (it is about double the size of my 19" monitor set on 1024x768) so I resized it. :)

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
tenbears,

I do not have any hollow pin knives that I can think of right now. I am going for the mosaics just because they are so nice looking on my PackPal now. I cannot see any negatives of the hollow though....(or any positives either really).

A

Allan Blade

Hey,

No FOlks there is no secondary edge bevel on that Scandi Pack PAL pictured, it is a ZERO ground bevel... :)

the edge just looks a bit shiney because all i do is take the edge to zero and then whisp the edge barely with a ceramic rod to knock the burr off that develops when i grind the bevel to zero. Wicked sharp is the result.

You can sharpen the knife this way, or Strop it, or also a more traditional way , you can lay the whole Bevel flat and sharpen.

Hope this helps clear up the secondary Bevel question.

Regards, Allan Blade

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Just a few thoughts on the hollow pins.
They might give a little extra grip but a downside may might be that they could cause blisters.
I have no experience with them ,anyone else used a knife with them.
I think some of the BRKT North Stars are having them.
RB

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
As for cost I expect my Bushcrafter, Runt and Pack Pal together will cost less than a WS Maple Woodlore and with three knifes I could even risk lending one to Rollnick to lose

:lmao: Can i take you up on that offer? :shock: :roll: :nana:

THERE ARE TOO MANY GREAT KNIVES I WANT TO BUY!

Looks like i'll have to see what these are like, at £25, compared to the woodlore!

I'll still buy the WS micarta woodlore. And i'll put down a £30 deposit on the Bison bushcraft. How long does this offer stand?

Cheers,

Rollnick (Jake :wink:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE