Heads up BG sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
my wife just ordered me a pair! I'll see what all the hype is about ;)

haven't worn anything but jeans for many years.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
mine just arrived, they look alot better than they do in the picture (charcoal)!

but honestly, these are not what I would expect from a pair of £80 trousers. loose threads, imperfect/constrictive fitting and what feels like thin and potentially fragile material. I think I will be returning them and buying a few pair surplus trousers instead.. This is the reason I dispise buying clothes, specially online! everything is made in china and on a budget with little quality control, yet is still sold with a top end price tag! :(

anyone else feel this way?

grilled bear

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Mine arrived today as well apparently but I'm away at work so will reserve judgement until I get back. I wouldn't pay 80 quid for a pair of trousers full stop I think although having said that I do tend to by good stuff for windsurfing but doubt I'd shell out top dollar for trousers as can always pull on waterproofs if needed.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Decide for yourself of course, but I don't believe mine will stand up to hard work. I don't trust the crotch seams, they appear to be under alot of strain when I lift my fat legs and crouch in the frog leap position. And after reading plenty of modern craghopper reviews alot of people ahve said they now use inferior material and the crotch seams just break really easily!

having broken tough jeans this way before(and more than I can count of trousers made of other materials!) I just do not believe these will last. And I don't want to wreck them and not be able to get my money back!

Anyone else have experiences with these?

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
They are one of the few trousers I've managed to find that come in A long leg length and hence one of the few that I've found to fit my lanky frame. I would never pay £80 for them but for £28 I might get a pair, it's cheaper than I've seen anywhere else.

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
They are one of the few trousers I've managed to find that come in A long leg length and hence one of the few that I've found to fit my lanky frame. I would never pay £80 for them but for £28 I might get a pair, it's cheaper than I've seen anywhere else.

Excuse me please for asking - what leg length does the 'long' size actually represent. This varies so much from maufacturer to manufacturer.

I would need a 33 inch leg - does anyone know wkether that would be 'long' or 'medium' please?

Best Wishes
David

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Excuse me please for asking - what leg length does the 'long' size actually represent. This varies so much from maufacturer to manufacturer.

I would need a 33 inch leg - does anyone know wkether that would be 'long' or 'medium' please?

Best Wishes
David

not sure about these specific trousers but for me normally a large L with the longer leg is 32" waist and 34" leg....

hope that helps....:)

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia

Best Wishes
David

erm, if you look around the site the size guide should be on there. I remember seeing it, I think long was a 33" and regular was a 32" but not 100% sure.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I know short is supposed to be 29", although it measured 30" when I chekced it with a tape measure..

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I wear them all the time in all environments (desert and rainforest). They look flimsy but they are as tough as old boots. The threads that look loose are just cut offs trapped in the seams. They just pull out. Dunno if these are the Survivor Pants you are talking about, or the originals. If it's the Survivors with the butt stretch and knee stretch panels with reinforced inside ankle patches, then they are stronger than the regular Crag line.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
apparently these trousers have a lifetime guarantee i have an old pair that have used quite a lot but these came from ManMdirect which is cheap returns etc but have held up well. have just ordered me another pair for 28 quid as the waist has expanded over the years and finding i cant breath in enough. so hopefully the new ones should be ok but as Samon said if too bad they can go back or sell on evil bay lol for 35 quid ha ha ha
all the best guys
Rick

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
erm, if you look around the site the size guide should be on there. I remember seeing it, I think long was a 33" and regular was a 32" but not 100% sure.

I tried the site but I couldn't find the sizings - at least not on any link obvious to me, although I could have missed it.

Thanks for the info - that is much apprecoated - at these prices, the trousers look well worth a punt.

Best Wishes
David

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
They should be OK mate. Unless you have a scrotum the size of a bike helmet, I'd be surprised if you knackered those.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
They should be OK mate. Unless you have a scrotum the size of a bike helmet, I'd be surprised if you knackered those.

haha! the crotch rides very low and strains the trousers to what feels like the usualy 'breaking point' and constricts my junk when I lift my knee up. The problem is made less uncomfy when I pull them right up, but no trousers should have to sit that high..

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
:lmao:

That might be the problem with these trousers. They might not translate well to all sizes. You may need a size bigger, or smaller.. Oh Hell, I dunno. Send em back ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE