heads up - bargain priced insulated jackets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
I got a jacket from these people the other day, absolute bargain IMHO, good quality materials, good level of workmanship, good company to deal with, and much much cheaper then the alternatives (I'm thinking of Snugpak here), bargain all round

http://www.outdoorknitwear.com/store/category.php?category=19

No affiliation just a satisfied customer

All the best,

Stuart
Cheaper than snugpak as u say, as good as in your opinion? Quite fancy one.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Cheaper than snugpak as u say, as good as in your opinion? Quite fancy one.

I don't own a snugpak one, and haven't used one to be honest, but from what I remember from seeing others wearing them they look very similar. I have a feeling that the snugpak one packs down a little smaller (but I may well be wrong). I've been wearing mine for the dog walking the last couple of days since I got it and it's noticeably warmer than the softshell jacket that I usually wear, it keeps the wind out too, no idea what it's like in the rain and don't plan to find out

HTH,

Stuart

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Good info, they seem good. How many ways can you make a synthetic jacket??? Can't be that much different from a snugpak one, prob all made in same factory anyway. I've been using a snugpak softie elite for about 7 years now and its still good nick, just thought I might get a new one and saw these on the eBay, might have to get one, be rude not to at that price.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Just to balance this up, I've had 3 of the jackets. 2 had weak stitching at the top of the pocket inside the jacket where the pocket stops. One I noticed immediately and returned it and my return postage was refunded (after I asked) but I did not think to check the replacement for the same problem and yes you guessed it, about 2 months later I wore it for the first time and found the fault. I sent it back, they repaired it and sent it back but declined to pay my postage cost to them. That is NOT good customer service.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE