heads up - bargain priced insulated jackets

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
I got a jacket from these people the other day, absolute bargain IMHO, good quality materials, good level of workmanship, good company to deal with, and much much cheaper then the alternatives (I'm thinking of Snugpak here), bargain all round

http://www.outdoorknitwear.com/store/category.php?category=19

No affiliation just a satisfied customer

All the best,

Stuart
Cheaper than snugpak as u say, as good as in your opinion? Quite fancy one.
 
Cheaper than snugpak as u say, as good as in your opinion? Quite fancy one.

I don't own a snugpak one, and haven't used one to be honest, but from what I remember from seeing others wearing them they look very similar. I have a feeling that the snugpak one packs down a little smaller (but I may well be wrong). I've been wearing mine for the dog walking the last couple of days since I got it and it's noticeably warmer than the softshell jacket that I usually wear, it keeps the wind out too, no idea what it's like in the rain and don't plan to find out

HTH,

Stuart
 
Good info, they seem good. How many ways can you make a synthetic jacket??? Can't be that much different from a snugpak one, prob all made in same factory anyway. I've been using a snugpak softie elite for about 7 years now and its still good nick, just thought I might get a new one and saw these on the eBay, might have to get one, be rude not to at that price.
 
Just to balance this up, I've had 3 of the jackets. 2 had weak stitching at the top of the pocket inside the jacket where the pocket stops. One I noticed immediately and returned it and my return postage was refunded (after I asked) but I did not think to check the replacement for the same problem and yes you guessed it, about 2 months later I wore it for the first time and found the fault. I sent it back, they repaired it and sent it back but declined to pay my postage cost to them. That is NOT good customer service.
 
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE