Alpkit recommendation.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I have no connection to the company other than being a satisfied customer but Alpkit has consistently impressed me with their level of customer service since I started ordering things from them a few months ago.
I'd read on here that their tarp was good so when I went to order one I saw how cheap their down jackets were. I ordered one of those on the spot too. Both products impressed me a lot, extremely high quality and at a bargain price. Since then I've bought titanium pots, titanium pegs, an XL bivvy bag and a winter sleeping bag. The titanium was significantly cheaper than I've seen elsewhere, and I'm already halfway in love with the sleeping bag without even having used it yet. I'm fairly broad across the chest and shoulders, and have always struggled with light bags. The Skyehigh bag is massive, I could even fit the down jacket inside for deep cold. It's not an ultralight bag but at that price and the large fit I've found it to be a fantastic compromise. It's still extremely light and packs small compared to my MOD arctic bag.
Over the last couple of days I've been in touch with their customer support about something they don't currently have in production, I was extremely impressed when they pointed me in the direction of a competitor's product in case I needed one sooner than they could supply it. In all cases I was emailed back ridiculously quickly.
Every order has arrived well within 48 hours of ordering it.
I just can't find a bad thing to say about them.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I've been looking at getting a toastie down bag and always hear people mention Alpkit. It's just a shame they don't have them in stock as I'd hate to put my name down then have an unexpected bill and no money when I need it several months down the road. I always hear good things about the down bags, I'll be looking into it further before next winter.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
They came up trumps again for me a couple of weeks ago too

I managed to snap a buckle on my Gourdon pack when I was snowboarding at Christmas, they sent me a couple of each size just in case.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've been looking at getting a toastie down bag and always hear people mention Alpkit. It's just a shame they don't have them in stock as I'd hate to put my name down then have an unexpected bill and no money when I need it several months down the road. I always hear good things about the down bags, I'll be looking into it further before next winter.

You could always send me the money and I'll look after it for you :)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I have been buying from them for a few years ( bought way too much to list here! ) and have always been very impressed with their focus on customer services. Same with Bob and Rose at Backpackinglight.co.uk. Even ordering a cheap gas canister stabiliser thingy, you get a pack of sweets and a telephone call to ensure you got it ok and are happy.

Usual disclaimer: no connections other than happy customer!

ATB, KP

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
I've had a Gourdon rucksack, Gamma headtorch, Bulb lantern, Hunka XL bivvy and a couple of camping mats from them and always had good service. Not that it's affected me, but the only downside sometimes is their supply of bags and down jackets

Alpkit-Izzy

Mar 23, 2011
Midlands

Hi Sasquatch,

We prefer not to take advanced orders, shipping schedules can change, last minute production runs get delayed.. in short there are many factors we cannot control and so we do not want to have your money stuffed down the back of our sofa.

http://www.alpkit.com/support/stickies/out-of-stock-woes

If you sign up to our newsletter or hit the 'like' button on our facebook page, we'll notify you as soon as new stock becomes available.

Have a good weekend!

Izzy

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Hi Sasquatch,

We prefer not to take advanced orders, shipping schedules can change, last minute production runs get delayed.. in short there are many factors we cannot control and so we do not want to have your money stuffed down the back of our sofa.

If you sign up to our newsletter or hit the 'like' button on our facebook page, we'll notify you as soon as new stock becomes available.

Have a good weekend!

Izzy

See what we mean about customer service!!! 

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK

See what we mean about customer service!!! 

Definitely :)

I've used Alpkit several times and echo everone elses comments, good gear, excellent customer service.

I'm looking forward to the release of their tents that I keep seeing snippets of in articles.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Hi Sasquatch,

Have a good weekend!

Izzy

Thanks for that! I wasn't sure how it worked, I'll get on it. Cheers!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Awesome company - I have a lot of their stuff. I did the Colab trial on the beta version of the Epic-fabric jeans a few years ago, which are still going strong. However, as Alpkit are getting much more popular, it is becoming difficult to get some of their products (Skyhigh sleeping bags for example) as they sell out so quickly. Since Trail gave them a 'Best in Test' for their tarps, expect them to disappear too! Best thing is to sign up for the newsletter and keep an eye on the website.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE