Hazel Spoon & Fruit Wood Ladle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Seeming as im on a real spoon fest of late, thought i show a couple that i finished a while ago, the first one is a serving spoon in Hazel, with my favoured tooled/faceted finish.

It's a big beastie

DSCF9101.jpg

as the Ten Pence piece shows

DSCF9099.jpg

DSCF9088.jpg

the other one is a small ladle type affair that i carved from a piece of fruit wood (apple i think) that was on the junk pile over at the wood yard up the lane here, i have an agreement with the chap who owns the yard, if i can carry it back, i can have it, he gets some good stuff over there, fruit woods, birch, the odd bit of Yew, he had some Acacia a little while back.

DSCF9092.jpg

I had a horrible feeling this one would split and crack though as it was carved from a V of wood and has two pith cores in it, one in the middle of the bowl and the other by the handle,

DSCF9097.jpg

Was fun to carve though and utilises the natural shape of the V, the bowl is where the main trunk was and the handle is the branch that grew off the side.

DSCF9093.jpg

The leather wrap on both is for hanging them up, neither of them have been used as yet, just decoration in the kitchen at present.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Tip top jobs on both. My big beast of a spoon is apple and I like the effect the basic wood has.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I hope your wood supply is getting some nice spoons now ;)

He gets one or two:eek:, last one i took over he had to hide from his wife as apparently she wanted to know why it was with all that surplus timber he has, why he has never carved a spoon;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE