Have I failed as a father?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
My parents were total failures then... RPGs were my thing in my youth (far too long ago now). I was in fact for a while the world record holder for D&D playing (with a team of suitably geeky friends). Gave it all up when I heard the call of the wild places.

I am a failure as a parent, my kids love D&D, we play with them. We also take them camping ect... and sometimes combine the two by going LARPing:eek: .

Actually I know some people that are trying to organise a world record mass table top game, it is in aid of charity. it is in memory of a friend that died just before christmas. I 'll start a thread in other chatter nearer the date.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Failing is not so bad. It works more often than success. The number of times I have failed to blind drunk ...... can not remember any time when I have managed to get really really drunk !!!!!

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
Failure is in the eye of the beholder!
Play it right (and start saving) and you may be the proud parent of the youngest female to summit Mt Everest...

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
There is a path from gamework shop. its like this:

painting little men
RPG
LIVE action rpg, where your kid will dress up as a fairy and play in the woods
and finally
bushcrafter. yay!

Infact its working on my boyfriend who is an obsessive gamer. Since I got him the bushcraft game he came to trap crayfish, make nettle soup and wants to do all the things his character in the game can do!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
besides , no kid with a hobby of any kind can be considered failures. There is too many of them hanging round doing nothing in street claiming `there is nothing else to do` as an excuse to be delinquent (yes yes i know some do not cause bother but a lot do) the "nothing to do" line is total BS, never before in history have kids had so much to do, and bushcraft is one of them!

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
never before in history have kids had so much to do!

Not true! Many years ago parents could send them out to work in the mines or push 'em up chimneys to sweep them or to the workhouse for a bowl of gruel and a good beating a day. Taught them manners and respect that did.
Am I the only one to see where we've gone wrong? :twak: :D

No I don't think you've failed as a parent but tv program bosses have with some of the tripe they come up with.:sulkoff:

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I am a failure as a parent, my kids love D&D, we play with them. We also take them camping ect... and sometimes combine the two by going LARPing:eek: .

Actually I know some people that are trying to organise a world record mass table top game, it is in aid of charity. it is in memory of a friend that died just before christmas. I 'll start a thread in other chatter nearer the date.

That's cool.

Oh, and can you adopt me please?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE