Harris Bi Pod clones

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Lawrence, I'm looking into getting a bipod for my rapid, I know you use bipods and that you also own a rapid, so how did you fix the bipod to your rapid? Obviously, I don't want it on the barrel, and also wonder if I should remove the sling as it fits onto the barrel, I don't like the idea of the barrel having an undue force put on it when I sling it.

Any help or pictures would be appreciated, and if you know of a bipod going cheap......need I say more?! :D

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Standard stock doesn't really lend itself to mounting a bipod.
Mine is a Tyrolean stock which is different and a bipod works ok on it.
You are best with a bottle clamp but they are expensive, i did have one but sold it a while ago.
I might be able to source one but as i said they are not cheap as they are hand made pieces.
Great jon though and you can obviously use it for a sling as well.

No pics of the clamp or my rapid in it's present guise but this is a genuine Harris i had on a target stocked rapid years ago, this was a serious long range bunny basher.
out to 75 yard bunnies with ease.

363_6339a_1.jpg

The clones are a great job, superb value for money but im not sure if i can get any more and i think i'd need to place a minium order.
The last ones were to make up numbers in a group buy i arranged for a couple of my gun clubs.

Im using mine on my CZ 452 Varmint and it's a grand job.

IMG_6150.jpg
IMG_6146.jpg

Loose the sling stud barrel clamp, it's a very bad idea.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Yeah, I was beginning to think it was a bad idea, it can't be good for all that weight to be hanging off of the barrel. Can I fit an after market sling stud at all to the stock, or is it more trouble than it's worth?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, I've removed the sling and the swivel clamp, whilst I had the silencer off, I thought I'd see exactly how much quieter it makes it. The answer is very quieter! I am impressed no end, but nearly laughed when I saw how short the barrel looks without the silencer on the end! :D

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Aye you need the can on them mate :lmao:

You can mount the qd stud into the stock, if you fancy a wee bit of wood work you can reshape the fore and the stud should take a bipod.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Bit off-topic, but...
I have pimped my S410 TDR with a Harris, and would be interested to hear if anyone else has added a sling to this combination; and how.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Theres a QD attachment on the bottom of a Harris Chance - so if you put the pod on the front rifle stud and the sling on the pod it works fine (clearly you need a stud on the stock too).

I don't shoot air rifles but works a treat on my 1022. I can do a photo to show how I mean if you like?

Red

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
As Red says you can mount a sling directly onto a Harris but it can be a little uncomfortable so i would add an extra QD stud behind the front stud, i have this set up on my 452.
Will try to get some pic tomorrow at the range.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
BTW i used a Harris clone to do this recently

DSC00247.jpg

and then this

DSC00248.jpg

Thats the first time i shot a rimfire at 200 yards and i was bloody amazed the wee subsonics even got that far let alone grouped.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
British Red said:
Theres a QD attachment on the bottom of a Harris Chance - so if you put the pod on the front rifle stud and the sling on the pod it works fine (clearly you need a stud on the stock too).

I don't shoot air rifles but works a treat on my 1022. I can do a photo to show how I mean if you like?

Red

Thanks.
It was the stock end I was worried about. I haven't given it a huge amount of thought, but it doesn't lend itself obviously to the fitting of a rear stud.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE