Happy online miserable in physical world

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Went shopping today for eggs; pulled up on the lane outside the farm gate, picked up three boxes of eggs (£1/ half dozen) put the money in the tin and drove home - all of three miles there and back and didn't see another person or vehicle :)

Reactions: Toddy and Winnet

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats good cheap eggs.

We have lots of places like that in Cornwall, not here though.

Dad said there was a huge queue outside of WalMart so he wenr in the village centre shop.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well, after reading all these I'm happy to know that mine was an isolated experience and I'll put it down to being just past 6 in the morning and everyone was unhappy being out of bed so early :D
If you visit Tesco Cardigan then it may be that shop in particular!
These days I am doing the shopping - my Missus being in a "vulnerable" group - and while Cardigan Aldi (my usual shopping local) was upbeat with chatty, friendly staff and reasonable clients, Cardigan Tesco (I forced to go there as the elderly neighbour I do a bit of shopping for wanted some specific brands....) was really downbeat with miserable staff (some who looked moribund themselves) and grim clients.
I hate shopping and I hate Tesco - so today has been a bit of a trial so far ... no doubt I looked pretty miserable while I was in Tesco...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Instead of starting a new thread, I'm just going to tag onto this one since it's somewhat in the same vein.

Online shopping.

Good suppliers :)

Real Food Source.
From nuts and seasonings to dried milk. Site is easy to navigate, they're quick, packing is really good. Produce has been excellent, pricing is good. Happy to give them a five star rating.

Dove's Farm
Two of my family are gluten intolerant. Eating gluten is not life threatening for them, but it is most uncomfortable. Trying to get flour when lock down started was impossible, but Doves Farm came through, they sold catering packs :) They sell a vast range of good flours and baking essentials too though. Service was excellent. Another five star recommendation.

Whole Foods Online.
Absolutely brilliant.
From nuts to legumes, milk to spices, dried fruits to tea, they cover it all. Buy over £20 and the delivery is free to mainland UK. A definite five star recommended supplier.

This last one is a single produce, crystallised ginger :)
My husband munches the stuff like sweeties, I bake with it, it's lovely if you drop a few chunks in the bottom of your mug of tea, and when you're done there's juicy ginger chunks to enjoy too.
An excellent addition too to the bag of nuts and dried fruits and chocolate in a pocket when out for a walk :)
I've just bought bag four since lock down :rolleyes3: began in March.
This is lovely stuff, juicy, fresh, and at a very good price too.

The whole food suppliers sell the kind of products that are excellent for diy camping supplies, so even after this is all by, I know I'll still be buying from them. Besides, for us at least, they're pantry staples.

So, that's my top four.
Anyone else found really good suppliers they'd recommend ?

atb,
M

Reactions: Wandering Fred

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Instead of starting a new thread, I'm just going to tag onto this one since it's somewhat in the same vein.

Online shopping.

Good suppliers :)

Real Food Source.
From nuts and seasonings to dried milk. Site is easy to navigate, they're quick, packing is really good. Produce has been excellent, pricing is good. Happy to give them a five star rating.

Dove's Farm
Two of my family are gluten intolerant. Eating gluten is not life threatening for them, but it is most uncomfortable. Trying to get flour when lock down started was impossible, but Doves Farm came through, they sold catering packs :) They sell a vast range of good flours and baking essentials too though. Service was excellent. Another five star recommendation.

Whole Foods Online.
Absolutely brilliant.
From nuts to legumes, milk to spices, dried fruits to tea, they cover it all. Buy over £20 and the delivery is free to mainland UK. A definite five star recommended supplier.

This last one is a single produce, crystallised ginger :)
My husband munches the stuff like sweeties, I bake with it, it's lovely if you drop a few chunks in the bottom of your mug of tea, and when you're done there's juicy ginger chunks to enjoy too.
An excellent addition too to the bag of nuts and dried fruits and chocolate in a pocket when out for a walk :)
I've just bought bag four since lock down :rolleyes3: began in March.
This is lovely stuff, juicy, fresh, and at a very good price too.

The whole food suppliers sell the kind of products that are excellent for diy camping supplies, so even after this is all by, I know I'll still be buying from them. Besides, for us at least, they're pantry staples.

So, that's my top four.
Anyone else found really good suppliers they'd recommend ?

atb,
M
We use Buy Wholefoods Online too and they've been very good. I like how you can get a lot of cupboard staples in a large range of package sizes, eg from 500 g to 20 kg! :)

Reactions: Toddy

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I always smile at people but they don't know it and i can't tell if they smile back because of the masks! I haven't been in any shop other than our village community shop since March. I find the experience of supermarket shopping depressing at the best of times and marvel at the customary good humour of the staff at our local Sainsbury's. Their delivery men are, happily carrying on the tradition of cheerfulness.

A great benefit of not going to the shops is the avoidance of the awful americanised version of Christmas carol sblaring incessantly from the sound system. I find half an hour of it unbearable- how on earth do the staff put up with it hour after hour, day after day?

Whatever: Happy Turn of Year festivities to all! Today we had more daylight than yesterday so the ritual must be working.

Reactions: Allison McKenzie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE