Happy Chappie Today

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
I'm quite pleased with myself today as the Western Gazette (large local paper) has printed one of my photos in this weeks issue. :eek:

This one for those that don't or can't get the Gazette...

IMG_2945mod.jpg

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Great photo that, fella.
What camera do you use, if you dont mind me asking? Im thinking of investing in a new one.

I use a Canon EOS 1000D which is a fairly budget one for the body and I invested in a good lens, a Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM which actually cost more than the body itself. Though this was actually shot with the 18-55 lens that came with the camera. The advice I got from a lot of people was that the lenses are what makes all the difference and this seems to be proving correct. Oh - get a big fast card when you get a camera and take loads of pictures. I took 40 or so on the walk that that one was on and only about 10 made me happy.

Hope that helps.

Tim

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Well done, cracking shot too.

You are right about the glass, always get the best bottle you can afford to put on your camera.

Bodies can always be updated but you shouldn't have to buy lenses more than once.

Thanks loads. Have to say that your photos are an inspiration and means a lot that you like mine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE