Hammocks?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AlexGlynn

Mar 19, 2006
Derby
Hi all
Just wanted some advice on which hammock I should buy.
It will be used for woodland all over britain and needs to be hardwearing as well as fairly lightweight i.e backpacking.
Ideally a hammock and canopy combined.

Any Ideas????

Alex

Nick_S

Jan 2, 2007
Cornwall / Swindon
Just as an alternative I can *thoroughly* recommend Hennessy Hammocks. I have their original Expedition Asym model, and it is without a doubt the most comfortable thing I've ever slept in outdoors.

It's tough, easy to set up and take down (especially with the SnakeSkins) and Tom and Ann (the two-person team behind the company) are just fantastic to deal with.

See also http://outdoors-magazine.com/s_article.php?id_article=170

(Oh, and Andrew at OutdoorCode -- the link in Nightwalker's post -- also carries them.)

I've your lookign for one with a combined solution then Mosquito Hammocks are quite good. 2 of my friends have the Jungle Hammock.

http://www.mosquitohammock.com/junglehammock.html

Decent enough built, has mosquito net included and hex fly tarp.
I'm not too keen on the tarp, could be a bit bigger in my view but decent enough, very lightweight, delivered it cost £68

Cheers
Carlo

Have to say the jungle hammock is a good bit of kit for the money, I'm happy with mine as for a longer fly I suppose it would be the ideal but at 6'7'' I have'nt been rained in on yet so it does the job well enough as is.
Value for money though it's cracking, the service was excellent and Tom usally replies to any emails you send within a couple of hours.
Cheers Tim

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
I've got an expedition hammock (from the same folks as the mossie hammock), and i love it, comfy, light, good build quality and free postage from the states (actually, thailand, but still free).
Are you going to the moot this summer as, what i did was, at the last moot, was amble around talking to people and trying different ones. The hennesies are good, but i didn't like the fixed mossie net, and at that money you need to see a few to compare them..
Have fun
Baggins

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
I have a jungle hammock aswell and have nothing but praise for it, arrived in 2 weeks and excellent communication throughout. The build quality is atleast as good as the hennesy and at half the price. 5star for sure:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE