Hammock underblanket --- Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Think it about time I put a list out for who's paid. If your not on list and think you should be PM me immediatly.

Jon Pickett Large
Aliwren " "
Swyn 2 X " "
Brian " " Balance?
Don Redondo " "
Angus Og " "
Hawsome 34 " "
Beamdune " "
Grahan S " "
Soa UK " "
Colin McCade " " Balance?
Outdoorgirl " "
Phil Parry " "
PJMCBear STD
Calypso Large Balance?
Wills STD
Magikelly 2 X Large
Baghera " "
Pteron " "
Clcuckow " "
Pumbaa " "
Bikething 2 X " "
Weekender " "
Wildrover " "
Nigelp " "
Gregorach Getting the sample.
Lardbloke " "
KevB STD

As you can see 27 0rders. Will wait till next Friday to put order in. Lets see how many we get by then. I will have to receive any cheques by Weds to go on this list.
After that who knows?

Ian.

Edit.
Well b****r me. When I typed this out all the " " were underneath each other.

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
I'd just like to:
Publicly add my vote of thanks for organising this
Confirm Cheques's been sent for the balance of my large hub(Hammock Under Blanket)

[Out with 3 group buy hammocks, and a group buy hex fly and early group buy 3x3 Tatonka last week - sadly photos missing, including the world's most complicated set of guy ropes - as done by me and two 16 year old guys]

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
Hi Ian,

I had convinced myself that I didn,t need a underblanket as I have managed for so long without one, but now the deadline is near I am starting to doubt my decision.

OK I have weakened, Please can I have one large and two small, I have cheque book and stamped envelope standingby.

Cheers P@ul

Meaghaidh

Aug 10, 2005
Peak District
Wanderinstar- pm sent.

If not too late, I would like 1 x Lg underblanket please.

Thanks again for your hard work in putting this together.

Meaghaidh (Paul).

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Been in touch again with Snugpak and have been told that delivery will be 2-3 weeks from when order goes in, which will be on Friday. there have been a few people showing interest today as I have said in PM's, you had better hurry.
List at present is as follows.

Jon Pickett Large
Aliwren " "
Swyn 2 X " "
Brian " "
Don Redondo " "
Angus Og " "
Hawsome 34 " "
Beamdune " "
Grahan S " "
Soa UK " "
Colin McCade " "
Outdoorgirl " "
Phil Parry " "
PJMCBear STD
Calypso Large Balance?
Wills STD
Magikelly 2 X Large
Baghera " "
Pteron " "
Clcuckow " "
Pumbaa " "
Bikething 2 X " "
Weekender " "
Wildrover " "
Nigelp " "
Gregorach Got the sample.
Lardbloke " "
KevB STD
P@ul Large + 2 STD
As you can see 29 0rders. Thats 28 large and 5 standard.

Ian.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Hey, the larger one looks interesting! Though I think £55.34 is a high price for me, so I definately have some questions to consider if it's worth buying for me.

Is it possible to sleep diagonally ( so that you sleep almost flat) with this underblanket ?

Do you think it would keep you warm on the underside even in winter ? For example at -10 degress Celcius.

Is it good long lasting quality ?

These questions asked I think it looks like a great piece of kit on the pictures, brilliant that this could be designed and offered here on bcuk.

I slept in the group buy hammock and mosquito net in sicily a week ago while the others slept on the ground and i must say it was a real luxoury :) I sleep so well in hammocks! I'm glad I've followed into the hammock madness over here :p This underblanket would be a nice addition, that's sure.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Well there are only two people who can answer your first two questions and they are the people who reviewed it. [I personally haven't tried it out yet]
With regard your third question, ask me again in 5 years time.
Ian.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
gunnix said:
Hey, the larger one looks interesting! Though I think £55.34 is a high price for me, so I definately have some questions to consider if it's worth buying for me.

Postage to you will be quite a bit extra too.

gunnix said:
Is it possible to sleep diagonally ( so that you sleep almost flat) with this underblanket ?

With the longer one, yes. If attached the way I described you can actually turn the blanket a little as well so it is at the same angle.

gunnix said:
Do you think it would keep you warm on the underside even in winter ? For example at -10 degress Celcius.

Provided your sleeping bag etc is up to it I would say yes but at those temperatures I would have a thermarest with me as well on the first few trips until I was completely sure. I have slept at close to that temperature with a thermarest in the sleeping bag and I think the underblanket provides more insulation so it should work but at those temperatures you want a back up plan.

gunnix said:
Is it good long lasting quality ?

I obviously depends on your treatment of the blanket but if you are not too rough with it it should last okay. I would expect it to last as long as your sleeping bag lasts you.

Hope that helps

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Gunnix,
I am very sorry for being so short with you. Its been one of those days I'm afraid.
The all in price to Holland was £59.99 so I would imagine it would be the same to Belgium and I believe Magikelly has answered your other questions.
The reason I havent used it yet was that I wanted to get some reviews done on it, because a review done by myself would have been rather biased.
Hope that answers all your questions.
Ian.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
wanderinstar said:
Gunnix,
I am very sorry for being so short with you. Its been one of those days I'm afraid.
The all in price to Holland was £59.99 so I would imagine it would be the same to Belgium and I believe Magikelly has answered your other questions.
The reason I havent used it yet was that I wanted to get some reviews done on it, because a review done by myself would have been rather biased.
Hope that answers all your questions.
Ian.

:D That was not being short with someone. You should see some of the posts I deleted before posting on various group buy threads. My favourite ones are the "I've not read the whole thread but how much are they etc etc" The amount of times I have typed "Well if you can't be bothered to read the thread I can't be bothered to repeat myself" but deleted it before posting.

None of this of course is relevant to Gunnix who was asking a question that had not been fully addressed before. I just thought it was funny you thought your response was abrupt when it seemed to me perfectly pleasant.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
It's all starting to tell on me John, glad I didn't wait for 50 orders. You know, youv'e missed your calling, you should have been a diplomat. Still remember your reply to Patrick.
Ian.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Ok thanks for the answers, looks great, but just don't have the money right now, maybe if they're sold again in some months.

Sorry if my questions were annoying, since I've only read the whole thread twice before asking. A third time might have been necessary. Just don't want to be in for surprises if I buy something on the internet.

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
Sorry to be a complete pain in the a***e but I had a look in the list of people who have ordered and see that my name is not on it. Just incase the order is not compete I'd thought I better say. Again, sorry.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE