Hammock Camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I did manage to get away for a few days over the bank holiday weekend, i tried out my new hammock which i thought was very comfy although the mozzie net spredder bars sewn on ties ripped off as soon as i sat in the hammock, maybe my fault on set up.
I tried out some tree straps i made for the hammock, easy to use, adjust at both ends for length and kit can be hung from the strap on rings. seemed to work a treat and the webbing @ 38mm wide didn`t leave a mark on the bark.The strap can also be used on it`s own just to hang kit from and keep it all in one place and off the ground.
A great weekend and very pleasing results on my handy work.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sounds like a success overall, which hammock was it that failed ? If it was the DD you can probably send it back for a replacement.

Aug 12, 2009
Kent, England
alecf I personally don't have any problems with Tenth Wonder - my only hammock (which I love) is a TW, and so is my tarp (Although the tarp is ridiculously heavy).

I've just heard some bad things about TW.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE