Had an attempted breakin.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
My wife and I went to Steyning to deliver an axe to someone that I met in a pub last week, on the way back we visited some friends. We got a call by mobile to say police were swarming around our house.
Two bricks had been thrown through our living room window, but as we lock all of our doors and windows, the sod did not get in.
This guy must have climbed our Six foot fence to get access to our back garden.
Time for more security me thinks.

Rant over.

Last edited:

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Not a good idea if you don't want to get sued.

These are better for not getting "Sued"
claymore.jpg

and what they deserve
cheers Danny

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Glad it's just the glass that needs replacing.

Sounds like you need to do some strategic planting of nasty spikey plants.

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
Yes the person who is trying to break into your house and potentially steal your stuff will take you to court because your alarm scared him :lmao: :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
All they do is make an almighty bang.
What's to sue for? Dry cleaning bills?
;)

Well, the discharge can make an almighty hole in someone if positioned in such a way (seen that first hand). Easily prevented of course if positioned correctly, but there are a fair amount of moomins that would want to cause maximum shock. They could also sue for trespass against person if that person believes they are being shot at and in imminent danger. Truth is though, they are more likely to leg it quickly than ring the law.

Last edited:

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Got a few of those, as stated previously, positioned correctly and carefully all they do is make a bang, mind you a black powder 12bore blank is going to make a BIG bang, I have an adaptor for 9mm blanks as well as 12bore.

I think the information sheet says they should be positioned so the blank is facing towards the ground and about 75 to 100mm above it.

They used to sell flare adaptors for them as well, bu tthey fire a projectile which could be judged as weapon.

Wings

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Get a nice dog,an Alsatian will suffice.

Had one when when a boy,best defence for the house,take a bite out of anyone not invited in.;)

Otherwise placid out and in if it knew you weren't a threat to the family or property.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Get a nice dog,an Alsatian will suffice.

Had one when when a boy,best defence for the house,take a bite out of anyone not invited in.;)

Otherwise placid out and in if it knew you weren't a threat to the family or property.

I once had a Goose like that , Body of a over sized Duck , Mind of a Raptoresque killing machine.

Have you got PIR security lights to the rear? The Solar powered wireless sort make installation less of a headache, use them t cover the access route but secure them well or else you may find they themselves get nicked..which would be ironic.
Cut back any excessiev foliage to the rear of the property and install some anti-bird wire onto of the fence.

Some here;- http://theselfsufficiencyshop.co.uk/84-torches-lights

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Glad it's just the glass that needs replacing.

Sounds like you need to do some strategic planting of nasty spikey plants.

We have some, very thorny, blackberry planted across the back fence of the garden. Get past that and we have some climbing rose that is equally thorny.

Finally layer of security is a pair of 500w PIR floodlights, and a loose gravel path that is impossible to cross quietly!

If anyone actually gets into the house, I have a few sporting items knocking around near the front door and bedroom - Maglight and baseball bats!

Simon

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have the PIR to bring on 250 watt lights front and back.
There is a fence that is over Six foot around the back and side of the property, going to put some barbed wire where I think it needs it.
Also going to invest in some CCTV 4 cameras in all.
It has been Ten years since we had anything like this happen, I hope this will be the last.
Super Swede is by my bed at night, just in case.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE