Hacksaw Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
*cough cough*

used my dremel to turn a few old blades into a nice locksmith set... had a set that I'd borrowed to make templates from :) good steel and I can make replacements easy peasy
:D

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
get a really thick hacksaw blade - ie one of the 2mm 2" wide buggers.

now that makes a damn good knife!!!

it's usually high speed steel too so there is no need to HT. - takes the best edge I know.

Andy

glyn77

Tenderfoot
Nov 29, 2009
Salford
The big thick ones Andy mentions might be ok, but the 'normal' hack saw blades I've used in the past would snap under the slightest pressure - good for, er, lock smithing tools, but you'll have an eye out/finger off using them as knife blades.

Cheers,
Glyn.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
To be honest, who is going to make a tent peg with it lol chuckled at that one lol

whats these 2" wide ones they sound interesting?? i forsee we might need them at work soon!!!

nice way of putting it... :lol:
me, being a lucky little......have a fully fledged forge at my school and can make almost anything i want (bar any milling)in school time. w have some really think hacksaw/sawmill blades about the same dimensions as everything mac described. and i alos havev some old mercedes coilsprings i use to make knives, and machete... (only one till now but more coming). aslo the m/w teacher has two leaf springs.... i feel so lucky... ;)

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2009
england
a hand miter saw blade may be a better option,
about 40mm x 2mm worth of carbon spring steel
i made a food prep blade out of one, its still in the shed waiting to be handled though :D

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE