Guitarists

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

tommy11

Are you a guitarist?

After years of playing electric and recently acquiring an acoustic I must say acoustic rules and you can take it out camping and play round the fire....

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
we had a treat at the last Brockwell meet, Minstrel from on here,....(John) and Unorthadox (Steph) ,gave us a nice bit of a jam with Johns acustic,..

as a group we threw requests at the guys, it was fun , and added to the already chilled atmosphere,...

until the rum kicked in,...erm,....

so yeah,..get a DPM case for it and take it in the woods mate,..hahaha

Stu,..

Ps, i,m a drummer so not reallty as practical to take to meets,..

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
Hi Tommy,

Made the switch years ago and never looked back. Perfectly portable music.

There are loads of good gig bags which carry like rucsacks and lots of smaller models which are great for travel.

Hope your fingers have adjusted ok to the change in string gauge and action :)

T

tommy11

Yeah I'm diggin acoustic right now, been playing spanish guitar for a few years now which also sounds great, but different.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
I love playing my acoustic guitar. I am still in need of one that I don`t mind getting damp/wet outside in the evenings though.

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
we had a treat at the last Brockwell meet, Minstrel from on here,....(John) and Unorthadox (Steph) ,gave us a nice bit of a jam with Johns acustic,..

as a group we threw requests at the guys, it was fun , and added to the already chilled atmosphere,...

until the rum kicked in,...erm,....

so yeah,..get a DPM case for it and take it in the woods mate,..hahaha

Stu,..

Ps, i,m a drummer so not reallty as practical to take to meets,..

Why do they not make DPM drum bags :lmao:

courtney

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2011
near rugby
ive curently gone down the home made cigar box guitar. they can be acoustic only or elctro acoustic, you choose. if you cant find a good sized cigar box or one at all then all you do is make a box they sound great and a traditional bluesy sound to it too. as many strings as you like, traditional ones are 3 or 4 but 5 or 6 are good too i have a link to the cigar box forum if interested for desgins and tips. the greatest part is they are easy to fix if it gets dammaged. i still play my electric alot and my acoustic too but the home made cigar box guitar is great. you can use oil cans sweet tins for the body too. my me a good one for camping/ buchcrafting. as far as campfire songs goes i only play my own.
did i mention i really love the cigar box guitar lmao ;) just my 2 pence lol

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Good thread! I'm a guitarist, went to music academy and taught since I was about 19years old. I don't have a preference really, I appreciate the sound of both.

Some times it just boils down to convenience (and mood!). There are times when I don't want to plug in the electric and effects pedals and other times when I just want to kick back and play the acoustic.
Martin & Epiphone do great travel guitars. Decent tone for a small body and steel strung. Not too pricey either.

Camo FTW!
361878-real_tree_camo.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE